$20 Million Project

flith

This is from July 13, 2007 in the Chattanooga TimesFree Press. I surprised no one caught it.

The Chattanooga Regional History Museum wants to move and may become part of this project, which depends on the sale of it's existing building.

The museum would be near ground level, with several levels of parking, and 20-25 $750000 condos on top.

The building will be 80000 sq ft, with the museum taking 30000 sq ft.

Studies show that the move could increase attendance from 30000 to 65000 visitors a year.

I'd guess that it will be 5-8 stories.

Riverfront Development

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cool mixed use project. I have never heard of a museum/condo mix use, but its definitely a cool concept. Plus, this is a significant investment in downtown that will add a great new facility to house the museum and add a new significant structure to the downtown landscape.

Wow! I missed this one while I was out of town. This will be a another great project for the waterfront. The will be so many activities for all to enjoy with this new, improved museum added to the Hunter Museum, the Aquarium and the ever increasing art in the area. Chattanooga is improving culturally in many ways, and the number of housing options is growing to match! Very cool!

Archived