The Grove

Gauge

Is there going to be a alternate way of entering this shopping/retail center? Picardy and the mall Rd isn't capable of handling all the extra traffic. Hell, it's bad enough just on a weekend.

Im sure they are working on something, but as far as I know, I'm not sure. We do need more routes though. Perkins/Picardy connector will help alot whenever its complete.

Domain Companies: The High Grove

Development of 192-units of luxury rental housing and 25,330 square feet of high-end boutique retail located within "The Grove" planned unit development. High Grove will be a LEED Certified development positioned as the premier apartment community in the market. The project will be the first environmentally sustainable, mixed-use, transit-oriented development in Baton Rouge. The Grove is a Traditional Neighborhood Development, located east of the Mall of Louisiana, along I-10, in the heart of Baton Rouge's growth corridor. The 118-acre TND will include a mix of residential, retail and commercial uses including single-family for-sale housing, multifamily rental housing, medium-sized retail outlets, specialty shops, cafes and restaurants, a full-service hotel and a variety of commercial office formats. Over 44-acres of the TND will be dedicated to parks, pathways and lush creek-side landscaping. High Grove will utilize HUD 221(d)4 financing coupled private equity and state and federal solar energy tax incentives.

http://www.thedomain...php?id=2&pid=17

HUD 221 (d)4 insures mortgage loans to facilitate the new construction or substantial rehabilitation of multifamily rental or cooperative housing for moderate-income families, elderly, and the handicapped.

That means a portion of the development will be reserved for low-income residents with a subsidized rent. I know some people chastise the developments planned for in and around downtown that use HUD funding. Do y'all agree or disagree with this funding model for the Grove?

That means a portion of the development will be reserved for low-income residents with a subsidized rent. I know some people chastise the developments planned for in and around downtown that use HUD funding. Do y'all agree or disagree with this funding model for the Grove?

Whaaattttt? The Grove is going to have HUD homes in it? Do they really think that's a good idea at a mall? Sounds like a great way to ghetto up the mall of LA and the Rave theatre and shopping center on Picardy.

• 6 months later...

Finally! The 1st rendering looks a little like Bonne Carre....was hoping this was 4 or 5 stories...

Work begins on The Grove

Construction crews have begun putting in the infrastructure for the first phase of The Grove, developer Richard Carmouche’s $400 million mixed-use development east of the Mall of Louisiana.

The High Grove, as the first phase is known, consists of two apartment buildings totaling 192 units and ground-floor retail. It is being developed by The Domaine Group of New Orleans.

The High Grove will sit on five acres and have 55,542 square feet of lease space in one three-story building and 105,754 square feet of lease space in the other three-story building. Carmouche said Tuesday that crews are starting with the streets, drainage, sewerage and other infrastructure. By this summer, the Domaine Group will start with its first building. That will take about 12 months to complete and the second building will be done six months after that, about the end of 2013.

The next likely announcement, Carmouche said, will be one of potentially three hotels on the property.

He said he’s negotiating with two groups and hopes to select one and make an announcement in the next three or four months.

Plans for the 120-acre development approved by the city-parish Planning Commission call for three hotels, 900 residential units — including townhomes and assisted living — seven restaurants, 250,000 square feet of retail development and 400,000 square feet of office space.

The development will also tap into BREC’s planned 14-mile Capital Area Parkways plan for a linear park from Siegen Lane to Bluebonnet Boulevard through the property.

The Grove was named after a dozen live oak trees that will remain at the center of the property.

http://theadvocate.com/news/business/2428875-123/work-begins-on-the-grove

• Like 1

The demand isn't there for 4-5 stories. The overpriced Perkins Rowe units aren't even at full capacity-or are they? Three stories is better to ensure no one runs into funding problems.

How are they going to connect Siegen to Bluebonnet? There's a canal and a neighborhood and church in-between Siegen and the Grove property?

I thought they were using the little bayou as the park itself. Similar to the Bayou St. John project.

• 1 month later...

Financing Set for High Grove

The Domain Companies has secured financing for its $28 million retail and residential development at The Grove, Richard Carmouche’s mixed-use project east of the Mall of Louisiana. The High Grove will take 14 months to build, with the first building completed in May 2013 and the second building two months later, said Lauren Crowell, spokeswoman for The Domain Companies.

The High Grove’s 192 residential units will include one- and two-bedroom apartments, as well as live/work spaces. Crowell said rents have not yet been set.The apartments will be set above 25,000 square feet of retail space, mostly boutiques and restaurants lined with wide sidewalks and outdoor seating.

Crews began laying the streets, drainage, sewerage and other infrastructure for the $400 million development earlier this year. Plans for the 120-acre property approved by the city-parish Planning Commission call for three hotels, 900 residential units — including townhomes and assisted living — seven restaurants, 250,000 square feet of retail development and 400,000 square feet of office space.

http://theadvocate.com/news/business/2833758-123/financing-set-for-high-grove

• 3 months later...

Personally I don't see the need for a second mall right next to a current one AND Perkins Rowe 20 seconds down the road. I also don't like the idea of this place being a HUD development.

It's Mall City part 2. That means the death clock on the Mall of La is counting down faster than I thought.

Somehow i get the feeling this is no accident...it surely makes no sense...like the St.Jean Vianney apts way out on So Harrel's Ferry east of O'Neal Lane.

St Jean is why I went out of my way to buy a house as far from multi family rentals as I could. The entire neighborhood around begged the developers, the city, and the mayor to not break zoning laws to build high density section 8 housing in their neighborhood. The developers set up meetings to "gather input", everyone was against it.....and they built it anyways.

• 3 weeks later...

What a shame....when the Regent Apts. went up at Millerville & I-12....they made sure that another St.Jean Vianney section 8 project would NOT be built there....which by the way has been struck by lightning about 10 times? in 20 years?...crazy!

The Grove gets growing

The High Grove, which serves as the retail and residential centerpiece of The Grove—Richard Carmouche's traditional neighborhood development just east of the Mall of Louisiana—has been making noticeable progress in recent weeks. Construction on the first phase of The High Grove got under way in late March and includes building roads, drainage and infrastructure, as well as readying a pair of buildings to go vertical with framing, which will happen in about two weeks, Carmouche says. The buildings will consist of 192 apartments and 26,000 square feet of retail space. One is expected to be complete by May 2013, and the other by next October. "We had a wet July, but we'll make up for it," Carmouche says of progress on the $28 million project. The long-term plan for The Grove, Carmouche says, is to build 800 apartments and condominiums across 118 acres while maintaining 42 acres of green space. "Ultimately, it may be up to 2 million square feet of different types of buildings," Carmouche says, adding that The Grove will be the Capital Region's first legitimate traditional neighborhood development with adequate space set aside for parks and pedestrian paths. The TND will be connected to the Mall of Louisiana by a walking path and bridge, which factors into Carmouche's decision to place retail third on the development's list of priorities, behind residential and office space. For more details about The Grove and The High Grove, including renderings, check out the development's website here.

http://www.businessreport.com/apps/pbcs.dll/section?category=daily-reportAM&date=20120913

• 4 months later...

Business Report Real Estate Property of the Week

AR-130119905.jpg
The High Grove, the retail and residential centerpiece of The Grove—a $28 million traditional neighborhood development being developed by Richard Carmouche—is beginning to take shape just east of the Mall of Louisiana. Construction on the first phase of The High Grove, which includes 192 apartments and 26,000 square feet of retail space, is expected to be complete in late spring or early summer. The general contractor is Dallas-based ICI Construction, and the architect is Humphreys and Partners, also of Dallas. Check out the development's website here for more details.

Read more from Business Report here: http://www.businessreport.com/section/businessreport0113#ixzz2I4spTSg7