The Grove

Gauge

Eventually I think the main entrance that goes north at an angle....will have and entrance & exit ramp/strip to the service road....tried to DRAW it in BLACK not sure how easy it will be seen...til I post it.

br3l.jpg

Wonder what will become of the large open green on(west of) Bluebonnet Blvd btwn the R.R. Tracks & Picardy??(shown as ORANGE BOX/Bottom Left)

When the Perkins/Picardy Connector(w/ R.R. Underpass) finally comes it should help open things up some....Picardy extension connecting Bluebonnet Essen was a start...still it would be nice to see better connectivity 

That area is prime for 7 or 8 story buildings in the open spaces along I-10....Perkins Rowe is zoned for buildings up to 150ft' tall/12 stories

Make sense about the elevators...thanks it'sjustme

• Like 2

• 7 months later...

I think my depicition of this new intersection(shown in above rendering at top in black) if fairly accurate....

Road to connect The Grove, Interstate 10 service road gets green light

Developer Richard Carmouche has secured preliminary approval from the Federal Highway Administration to build a road that will connect his mixed-use development, The Grove, to the Interstate 10 service road that runs between Bluebonnet Boulevard and Siegen Lane. "That is very important, ultimately," says Carmouche. "It's not so important with what we are doing in phase one because we haven't built a lot of product yet, but it will be very important for future retail development." The Grove is located on 118 acres behind the Mall of Louisiana and currently has one completed apartment building consisting of 190 units, with plans for a second building of 160 units, 850 residential units and 775,000 square feet of office and retail space.

For now, the only access to the development is via Mall of Louisiana Boulevard. The new road, which is still more than a year from completion, will enable motorists to turn directly off I-10 East at the Mall of Louisiana exit, just past Bluebonnet. They will also be able to exit the development from that road, continuing to Siegen Lane. "This is the first intersection of its kind in the state," Carmouche says. "It's not our main entrance but it is very important because it bypasses the mall and gives our people another way out instead of funneling all our traffic into that one intersection." Though Carmouche has secured federal approval for his plan—as well as state and local permission—he does not yet have a permit to begin construction. Getting one is still months away and will require as much as $6 million in additional engineering work and infrastructure improvements, he says. —Stephanie Riegel

http://businessreport.com/article/20140415/BUSINESSREPORT0112/140419877

Is there any set opening date for this? It looks like a fabulous connection to the mall and Perkins, however I would recommend developers in this area try to develop what looks like smaller rivers that flow through. Maybe something like London's Olympic Park, where they combine park land, residential developments, and commercial developments to create a cohesive design and flow (pun intended).   

• 1 month later...

Addison?? Looking forward to seeing some renderings :shades:

Developer Richard Carmouche sells tract of land in The Grove:

New Orleans and New York-headquartered real estate company Domain Companies recently signed a purchase agreement with local developer Richard Carmouche to buy a tract of land at his Grove mixed-use development.

The sale on a 4.7-acre tract of land at The Grove is expected to close soon, with construction starting on a new project called "Addison" later this summer.

Domain Companies, which is reportedly paying between $14 and $18 per square foot of the land, owns and is developing The High Grove, the first phase and a residential portion of The Grove, which is across the street from the land where Addison will be developed.

"The High Grove is on one side of the boulevard and this is on the other," Carmouche told the Greater Baton Rouge Business Report. "So it's really set up a density picture nicely.

Last month, the Federal Highway Administration granted Carmouche permission to connect The Grove to the Picardy Avenue extension that runs between Bluebonnet Boulevard and Siegen Lane, fronting Interstate 10. As a result, the Grove will get another entry point that should entice more retailers to commit to the project.

http://www.nola.com/business/baton-rouge/index.ssf/2014/05/developer_richard_carmouche_se.html

• Like 1

• 6 months later...
  • 5 months later...

The Grove to include new upscale senior living facility

A Mississippi-based company is planning an upscale senior living development on 8.5 acres within The Grove, Richard Carmouche’s planned unit development located just off Interstate 10 behind the Mall of Louisiana.

The Blake at The Grove, as the development will be called, will consist of 213 units of independent living, assisted living and memory care. It will also include a community center, pool and fitness center, and maintenance building with associated parking. Cardinal Ventures of Richland is developing the project and filed a final development plan earlier today with the local Planning Commission.

https://www.businessreport.com/article/grove-include-new-upscale-senior-living-facility

• 2 years later...

Even though the building is nice, I have to say I'm rather disappointed that all that's going to be on this piece of land is one building and a big parking lot. And then its not in the Spanish style of the other building either.

Ochsner BR New MOB1.jpg

Ochsner announces major Baton Rouge expansion: New office building, micro-hospital, more

http://www.theadvocate.com/baton_rouge/news/business/article_7e4aef8a-4ae3-11e7-856c-ef7bc0a6ce24.html

Edited by dan326
  • Like 1

On 6/9/2017 at 0:11 PM, Antrell Williams said:

I wouldn't expect anything else to be honest. I feel like a pessimist lately but traveling so much has me really bummed out about Baton Rouge and Louisiana in general.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Just curious Antrell...where have you been traveling that has you bummed out abt BR?? 

I too share in some of that pessimism ...it doesn't help seeing all of the phenomenal growth Austin TX/ UP Threads(not many cities in U.S. are transforming the way they are)....Nashville looking pretty good here too on UP..... I see some positives...but see the negatives too<_< One step forward..two steps back

How would y'all like to see the new Ochsner property set up??

Looks like that area will be newly annexed into BR city limits soon

• Like 1

Just curious Antrell...where have you been traveling that has you bummed out abt BR?? 
I too share in some of that pessimism ...it doesn't help seeing all of the phenomenal growth Austin TX/ UP Threads(not many cities in U.S. are transforming the way they are)....Nashville looking pretty good here too on UP..... I see some positives...but see the negatives too<_ one step forward..two steps back> How would y'all like to see the new Ochsner property set up??
Looks like that area will be newly annexed into BR city limits soon

I just got back from Denver last Monday, I have 5-6 friends that live there now so the itch to move is getting serious. It hit me when I was driving down Florida Blvd the following Tuesday that this is a pretty bad place to live and grow up. I mean I guess it's fine if you come from money but most don't. Infrastructure means ALOT to me and we just don't invest in it enough. Before that it was Seattle and Vancouver, then Los Angeles, been to Austin a couple times..
I want to see it as part of the medical district, built aggressively urban like one of the proposals that the planning commission or whoever released about a year ago.
Downtown is the only bright spot.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Antrell Williams said:

I just got back from Denver last Monday, I have 5-6 friends that live there now so the itch to move is getting serious. It hit me when I was driving down Florida Blvd the following Tuesday that this is a pretty bad place to live and grow up. I mean I guess it's fine if you come from money but most don't. Infrastructure means ALOT to me and we just don't invest in it enough. Before that it was Seattle and Vancouver, then Los Angeles, been to Austin a couple times..
I want to see it as part of the medical district, built aggressively urban like one of the proposals that the planning commission or whoever released about a year ago.

Leadership in state government and both of the state's largest cities don't inspire much confidence.   Then there's low oil prices and increased racial tension.   It's not looking good.    

• Like 2

I left, miss it on occasion but wouldn't move back. No regrets. I'm planning on visiting later this summer. The last time I was back I noticed how dirty things were, and the pathetic infrastructure like you mentioned. On top of that, as a software dev, there was hardly any decent opportunities in BR. DFW has a ton.

Edited by all2neat

On 6/13/2017 at 6:50 PM, Antrell Williams said:

I'm on Google Earth 3-D  plenty; Vancouver (skyline hard to beat w mountain back drop) & Seattle on another level; Cool looking from Urban standpoint /stacked/nice land-usage; one on a peninsula the other an isthmus  ...Denver has a nice set up.always liked the thick skyline..like what they did with LoDo area/near the small river ...open plains allowed for a nice Loop System...Boulder seems like cool college town with nice set up Downtown / Pearl Street

Baton Rouge downtown/LSU/Mid city are having positive moments....but still many gaping holes around BR; sprawling Blue Cross campus is blah....Omaha got theirs right...imagine this nice 10-story Mid-rise along I-10 across from Mall of La.??  Could have  saved land  for other developments!

https://goo.gl/images/HsK4uV

gp0t81iw5j7v0r5m.jpg

19 hours ago, all2neat said:

I left, miss it on occasion but wouldn't move back. No regrets. I'm planning on visiting later this summer. The last time I was back I noticed how dirty things were, and the pathetic infrastructure like you mentioned. On top of that, as a software dev, there was hardly any decent opportunities in BR. DFW has a ton.

Yeah the Metroplex & Houston are like Giant Vacuums...has made me come to terms with BR being a Mid-Tier City

Edited by richyb83
  • Like 1