The Fire House

bic

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Just found this new rendering on the architect's website. Don't know if this is for the same location or a different one. It says Fire Station One, which is I believe is the old bus terminal location on Central.

If this is the new design, then it's not looking too good height wise.

ofh01.jpg

That's probably all the space the FD really needs anyway. It does appear that the right side of the rendering shows the tracks and there are markings on the road for a railroad crossing. It may not show the same level of investment in downtown as a mid-rise office building, but it does show fiscal responsibility.

That's probably all the space the FD really needs anyway. It does appear that the right side of the rendering shows the tracks and there are markings on the road for a railroad crossing. It may not show the same level of investment in downtown as a mid-rise office building, but it does show fiscal responsibility.

I think the fire station in Parramore is Station #3. They are on either Church or Central.

So down the road, you think it would be a good idea to have a construction site surround the fire station? I'm pretty sure they wanted both ends of this building used for trucks.

I think the fire station in Parramore is Station #3. They are on either Church or Central.

So down the road, you think it would be a good idea to have a construction site surround the fire station? I'm pretty sure they wanted both ends of this building used for trucks.

Station One is not most stations, it also houses the specialty Orlando-only-has-one -of units. The original design had exits on both sides so they don't have to move the rig that isn't alarming to get the rig you are out. I hope the new design has the same idea.

Station One is not most stations, it also houses the specialty Orlando-only-has-one -of units. The original design had exits on both sides so they don't have to move the rig that isn't alarming to get the rig you are out. I hope the new design has the same idea.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

This may seem like a stupid question, but where will the employees (firefighters) park their cars? At the current space, there is a lot around the back side of the building that is accessible from Rosalind. Will they have to park in a garage across the street? I guess that's part of Orlando growing up and filling in the spaces.

This may seem like a stupid question, but where will the employees (firefighters) park their cars? At the current space, there is a lot around the back side of the building that is accessible from Rosalind. Will they have to park in a garage across the street? I guess that's part of Orlando growing up and filling in the spaces.

On one of my trips to Boston, I stopped by FD1 downtown and asked if they sell merchandise and they had one person per shift responsible for that. They took us back into the locker room area and showed us what they had for sale. I don't know if the City of Orlando sells that stuff. I know they sell PD merch at the downtown headquarters, but not sure of FD.

Archived