Triangle Food Scene

However RALNATIVE trolls Charlotte constantly. Anything I've said above were responses to RALNative's Childish and Outlandish statements about Charlotte.

I hardly ever enter Charlotte threads. I challenge you to find more than 2 or 3 posts from me in relation to Charlotte, since i've joined this site.

Unlike you, I have better things to do than focus on Charlotte. There are plenty of great things happening in Raleigh these days to keep my attention.

Edited by RALNATIVE

I can't really say much for or against Charlotte as I haven't had a chance to visit for several years. If I were to judge Raleigh based on the way its downtown was several years ago... well... you get the picture. Based on the amount of development over in Charlotte I'd assume things have picked up significantly in NoDA and South End.

Maybe it's all suits though.

As a partly relevant aside, I think the middle ground restaurants everywhere don't get enough respect on any list. I am thinking stuff that perhaps Guy Ferrari might put in his show but presented in less of a tool-ish way. I hit up Lantern, Stanbury and the like once in a while, and still prefer the Rockford's and Moonlight Pizza's of the world. When descriptions and appreciation of anything transcends to a level that only the schooled and aficionados think their comments are pertinent, then I think there is a problem. I think the people that do a lot of of a particular thing (drink wine, eat decent food, drink local beer) but don't know jack about the details, have the most meaningful thoughts and comments when I am researching stuff to try out. 

• 4 months later...

I wonder where the Bida Manda collaboration brewery is going....not too many vacant spaces left. I did notice half the building at the SW corner of Morgan and Blount is cleared out....its a big flat warehousey layout...might be perfect for a brewery...I don't think the parking deck space opposite City market is big enough (article said it would be near Bida Manda)

Edited by Jones_

• 4 years later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Not sure if anyone in this forum cares much but Capital Club 16 is closing for good on Friday April 26th. Thats a major blow to central downtown after 14 years of loyal lunch, brunch, dinner and special events like their famous Octoberfest dinners.