Electronics Fans HHGregg Finally in the Triangle!

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Why not tie it into the plan? That's the best use of the space available, less trees cut down and if I may say so, turns an otherwise run of the mill building into something unique. i.e. the escalotors for the shopping carts. Similar Mixed use shopping centers are switching the game up all over the country like in downtown chicago, miami, and even the mid-town Home Depot in Charlotte. :)

• 3 months later...

Is anyone else as unimpressed as I am with hhgregg?

My wife and I stopped in at the Captial Blvd location last week to have a look around. Their prices seemed to be quite a bit higher than their competitors, and the selection was lacking (except for TVs. Although, even then, they had many models but limited brands and sizes). Also, the saleseople went out of their way to hard-sell the fact that thay take a soft-sell appraoch. It was annoying.

Needless to say, we don't forsee ourselves shopping there anytime soon.

^^^

I thought of it as just another electronics store, nothing special about it really. The one thing I did despise was the sales people. <climbs on soap box> Bugging me about purchasing something is a sure way to get me to NOT buy something in the store. If I want to buy something, I will, if not, then there is no way to talk me into it....no is no. <climbs off soap box>

Oh well...at least they built in an existing shopping center that really needed some cleaning up as opposed to spreading out on some empty land.

I helped transport a tv for a friend during HH Gregg's grand opening weekend. They had a lot of staff in town from other stores, so the sales team may have died down by now. They work on commission, so they're going to be pushy. The higher prices reflect "wiggle room" -- they let you haggle a "bargain" and still protect their bottom line. Is that how to run a store? They seem to think so.

When we were looking at refrigerators, we were shown one of the most expensive models even after telling the salesperson we weren't going to spend over a certain amount. And the feature list were missing on some of the models, which is why we asked for help in the first place. It felt like what we wanted didn't matter. Needless to say, we're still looking. The stove/oven area had one sales person while the tv section had at least 5.

They do have somewhat smart sales staff. They want to sell you on more than you need, but back off if you know what you want.

I keep hoping for a *sale* (as opposed to zero interest financing) that makes me want to buy, but so far that hasn't happened.

Their locations haven't "broken new ground" -- next to the Capitol/TTC K-Mart and the shopping center with the Kohl's, Super Wal-mart, etc. near 70/540 -- which I think is good. It is Best Buy/Circuit City without the movies/music/video games, and sales staff that don't (always) read the spec sheet to you.

Archived