new downtown martini bar

brgrowth

according to br business report:

http://www.businessreport.com/archives/dai...007/jul/25/228/

Downtown martini bar set to open next month

If you're into martinis, the M Bar should open by mid-August on Third Street in downtown Baton Rouge. Keturah Dolejsi, partner and bar manager, says the bar in the Mapp Construction building will offer at least 20 different martinis and have entertainment. The M Bar is already booking parties and catering will be available in the near future, Dolejsi says. The bar will have seating capacity for up to 300 people. "It's going to be a great bar when it opens," she says. "It's going to be an upscale place, very nice with all-new furniture. Our main focus will be great service and good drinks." While Dolejsi muses she's can

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply
according to br business report:

http://www.businessreport.com/archives/dai...007/jul/25/228/

Downtown martini bar set to open next month

If you're into martinis, the M Bar should open by mid-August on Third Street in downtown Baton Rouge. Keturah Dolejsi, partner and bar manager, says the bar in the Mapp Construction building will offer at least 20 different martinis and have entertainment. The M Bar is already booking parties and catering will be available in the near future, Dolejsi says. The bar will have seating capacity for up to 300 people. "It's going to be a great bar when it opens," she says. "It's going to be an upscale place, very nice with all-new furniture. Our main focus will be great service and good drinks." While Dolejsi muses she's can't reveal her secret to making the great martini, she did say, "It's almost like an art to make them." --Anna Thibodeaux

I had no idea this was on the horizon. This really excites me. The more new places that open on Third Street the better.

I am not sure where the Mapp Construction building is on Third Street. Can anyone help me figure out where this new bar will be?

Thanks Bryde.

I will post the pic soon :thumbsup:

I posted the pic back on July 18th in BR Growth & Development...Page 65, Post#1299

It's the white building. Hope this helps.

This what my post said....

Moving from the burbs; MAPP Construction(right) completed their new HQ's on Third Street a while back. Adding a modern third floor on top of the old Belisle bldg. There offices will be on the 2nd & 3rd floor; not sure if a martini bar or retail will be on street level?

They've been working on this for several months. Looks like a nice improvement.

Not to switch gears on the thread, but what's the status on Schlitz and Giggles (at the old Mortarano's spot)? A few months ago they had banners up and "now hiring" signs in the windows. All that's gone now and the place looks abandoned. Is this thing still on or did they pull the plug?

• 5 months later...

Archived