Atlanta is 2nd Most Addicted City to E-Mail

ironchapman

Did anyone see this story today in the AJC?

Going to have to face it, we're addicted to e-mail

Compulsion to check BlackBerries in church or while eating ranks Atlanta first in nation.

Atlantans lead the nation in checking BlackBerries at restaurants and peeking at cellphone e-mail in church, according to a survey released Thursday by AOL, the online division of Time Warner Inc. Overall, Atlanta is the No. 2 city "most addicted" to e-mail, behind Washington, according to AOL.

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Did anyone see this story today in the AJC?

Going to have to face it, we're addicted to e-mail

Compulsion to check BlackBerries in church or while eating ranks Atlanta first in nation.

Another thing to note from the article is that we have jumped from 12th to 2nd place in the space of just a year.

I was a little surprised by the article at first, especially since we jumped from 12th to 2nd place since last year. Was that just a fluke? Did anyone notice a sudden increase in the number of Blackberries, etc. since last year. I know more and more people are getting them, but I was still somewhat surprised at how many cities we outrank percentage wise (or that we top the nation in sending e-mails from restaurants, churches, etc.).

What are your thoughts? Are we becoming more of a hi-tech haven?

Archived