Center Pointe

cityboi

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It is so nice to finally see a crane in downtown Greensboro! I totally agree with Roy Carroll's statement in

the News and Record about this being a great marketing tool...a symbol of progress! I hope this will spur other developers to invest in our downtown. I hope we see a few more cranes in the near future.

It is so nice to finally see a crane in downtown Greensboro! I totally agree with Roy Carroll's statement in

the News and Record about this being a great marketing tool...a symbol of progress! I hope this will spur other developers to invest in our downtown. I hope we see a few more cranes in the near future.

I think you are right. Roy's project will start a chain reaction for other highrise proposal. Downtown needs to start going up. Its been long overdue. Its exciting to see that the transformation of the Old Wachovia Building is actually happening.

BTW I see this is your first post. welcome to the forum :)

• 3 weeks later...

It will look nice. Great for a developer to go to the trouble he has to make this project that would be welcome in any city.

In the artical:

He also examined balcony railings on Charlotte buildings, 230 South Tryon and Courtside, both former office buildings being converted to condos. He also looked at their interiors.

Courtside was built as a condo tower and never was an office building.

Courtside was just finished in the passed year.

It will look nice. Great for a developer to go to the trouble he has to make this project that would be welcome in any city.

In the artical:

He also examined balcony railings on Charlotte buildings, 230 South Tryon and Courtside, both former office buildings being converted to condos. He also looked at their interiors.

Courtside was built as a condo tower and never was an office building.

Courtside was just finished in the passed year.

yeah, i commented on that earlier in the thread.

• 4 weeks later...

so, i noticed today that they have started pulling off the old exterior in earnest now. exciting!

yea particularly on the west side of the building. It wont be long before the building is stripped to its steel frame. I really need to take more pictures of this construction process.

For those of you who havent seen the rendering, here it is

centerpointe-resid.jpg

Wow, didn't realize they were ripping this all the way down to the steel, I know replacing a facade does involve going down to the structure, but they are completely gutting this! They do seem to moving along at a decent pace.

basically it will be a new building. I cant wait to see the improvement to Greensboro's skyline. For years the building has been an eye sore.

• 2 weeks later...

Roy Caroll, developer of Center Pointe has said he hasnt decided what he'll do with the plot of land next to where h e is building Center Pointe. some believe he may use it to build a future phase for Center Pointe. In the editorials of todays Greensboro New & Record. the editors had a wish list for what theyd like to see happen in 2007 and one thing on the list was "the announcement of a 30-story sister tower next to the existing building. They noted that should the units for Center Pointe sell fast that could be something Roy Caroll can consider. If he doesnt know what he will do with the land yet, that means he could be thinking what he wants to develope on the plot. The notion of the 30-story tower actually arose from a rendering that was posted on the center pointe website before he made a public announcement about the project. It was actually a rendering creaated by the webdesigner as a place setter until the actual design was reveal.

anyways here is what it would look like with a 30-story twin next to it. I did some photo shop editing.

CPphase2.jpg

CPphase3.jpg

Not bad; it would certainly give Greensboro's skyline a much needed boost.

it helps give height variation which is very important in having an attractive skyline no matter the size. right now, downtown's tallest buildings are roughly the same height. I would love to see more 10-story building and buildings around 25-30 stories.

It wouldnt look bad if that second 30-story tower had a huge white dome on the top. It would look gorgeous lit up at night.

I like the idea of a 30-story sister tower! Roy Carroll should consider this. He has shown that he is

bullish on DT Greensboro! For this reason, I wish him great success! If anyone could build a 30-story tower and make it successful, I believe he is the guy to do it! Does anyone have info in how he's doing with pre-sell at Center Point? I'm hearing 50-70% pre-sold already??

I like the idea of a 30-story sister tower! Roy Carroll should consider this. He has shown that he is

bullish on DT Greensboro! For this reason, I wish him great success! If anyone could build a 30-story tower and make it successful, I believe he is the guy to do it! Does anyone have info in how he's doing with pre-sell at Center Point? I'm hearing 50-70% pre-sold already??

Im hearing that too.

A 30 story addition wouldn't be that difficult becasue the first 9 floors could be for parking, 5 floors office, and 16 floors residential. He just might do it. He has to do something with the land, im sure hes not going to leave it vacant. Since sales are doing good with Center Pointe I think the chances are pretty good.

Archived