Center Pointe

cityboi

Very true, houses in Raleigh cost probably 50% more than a comparable house in G'boro. You can look at it this way, you can get a much better deal in G'boro, more house for your money. Raleigh is not cheap. Some very beautiful neighborhoods though.

• 4 weeks later...

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

very true. I guess highrises just take time. I think it took a year for them to build the Koury Tower. But at least we are finally seeing the facade of this building. It looks like they wont have to far to go and then they will put the balcony railings and windows in place

I think for me there has been an illusion of readiness. Since the framing was already there, I expected to see changes quickly once they stripped the old exterior and got down to bare bones. In reality, there have been very few perceivable changes to the exterior over the last several months.

If I lived in Center Pointe, I dont know which side of the building Id live on. The east side there would be the great view of Center-City Park and you could see the sunrise and maybe a view of that potential secret super duper mega-project on the Duke Power site property. On the westside, you can see First Horizon Park, watch the game firworks, see Pilot Mountain and the sunset. The south side just faces Lincoln Financial. The north side wont have any windows at all because Roy Carroll has potential plans to put a building on that side.

I haven't been back to G'boro in almost 2 years until yesterday. Man i was blown away by downtown. The stadium is beautiful, Center Point is going to be incredible, the park is fantastic and there was so much activity on the streets. They really have a good thing going now. If they could just land this mystery project but even if they don't, the momentum is too strong to stop it from continuing to get better i think.

I haven't been back to G'boro in almost 2 years until yesterday. Man i was blown away by downtown. The stadium is beautiful, Center Point is going to be incredible, the park is fantastic and there was so much activity on the streets. They really have a good thing going now. If they could just land this mystery project but even if they don't, the momentum is too strong to stop it from continuing to get better i think.

I agree, even if Greensboro doesnt land the mystery project, there will be other opportunities. There is alot of momentum now.

well they have finally starting putting the glass in as roningreensboro said.

here are some photos. They have gone with the blue reflectiv glass which I think is a good move and will compliment the black granite and the white surface at the top of the building.

centerpointeaugust2007_1.jpg

centerpointeaugust2007_2.jpg

centerpointeaugust2007_3.jpg

centerpointeaugust2007_4.jpg

centerpointeaugust2007_5.jpg

centerpointeaugust2007_6.jpg

centerpointeaugust2007_7.jpg

centerpointeaugust2007_8.jpg

centerpointeaugust2007_9.jpg

centerpointeaugust2007_10.jpg

centerpointeaugust2007_11.jpg

centerpointe2.jpg