Center Pointe

cityboi

Notice the smaller highrise (U.S. Trust Center) to the very far right on the edge of the picture. the land in front of that building across Elm Street is the current proposed site for the high-rise federal courthouse so just imagine a 16-20 story buiding there as well too. The dynamics of Greensboro skyline changes.

"Center Pointe II"

CPphase2.jpg

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

WFMY reported that the rest of the skin should be removed by the end of the month. They have also already started cutting the slabs for the balconies. so we should start seeing the new facade go up immediately after the old skin is taken off. I cant wait!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

What a huge boost for G'boro's downtown this will be. I cannot tell you how many times i would just look at the old Wachovia building sitting there dark and empty. Hard to believe it's finally happening.

it will definatly be an improvement to Greensboro's skyline at night as the windows will be lit up.

Do you all think this will bring in more businesses or residential construction of this style near center city?

I think it will. maybe not to the degree of Charlotte but I wouldnt be surprise if a developer came forward next year and said he wanted to build a 12-story condo/apartment tower. Downtown news has been rather quiet the past 2 months or so. It just about time to hear some more news. lets hope its a residential tower, even if its only 10 stories.

here was my photoshop edits

This could be the future skyline

CPphase2.jpg

CPphase3.jpg

The question...will it be a second phase to Center Pointe? or a totally new tower development that Roy Caroll will be building next to his Center Pointe? Roy Caroll owns the vacant lot and he obviously has plans for a tall highrise structure next to Center Pointe because he left balconies and windows off the north side of the building. If he werent serious about it, he would have not made such design modifications. I Think he could consider making the additional tower a mixed-use apartment building. There is a lack of apartments in the downtown market and Roy Caroll may want to take advantage of that.

remember this was a leaked photo from Roy Carroll's website just before the site was locked. (it was locked down after it was found out the photo had been leaked) The design is obvoiusly different but you can see the concept of an addional tower next to Center pointe

park_central_plaza.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived