Center Pointe

cityboi

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 weeks later...

laste news: Center Pointe is 50% sold and it will include not only a restaurant but a coffee shop and ice creame shop as well.

The story stated they would like to find a tenant to open a coffee shop and an ice cream shop, it in no way stated that a coffee shop and a ice crea shop would open. Please stick with the facts.

• 3 weeks later...

The owner of the Metro Gourmet Market at 200 S. Elm Street is going to be opening up a sister Restaurant on the main floor of Center Pointe. I am sure this will be an upscale Cafe/Restaurant, if i remember correctly there will be seating for 35.

The owner of the Metro Gourmet Market at 200 S. Elm Street is going to be opening up a sister Restaurant on the main floor of Center Pointe. I am sure this will be an upscale Cafe/Restaurant, if i remember correctly there will be seating for 35.

Very Nice!

looks like penthouse units will sell as high as $6 million making them some of the most costly condos in any downtown in the state. Options could included home theaters and waterfalls. For those who thinks these costly units wont sell.....Roy Caroll already has a list of people who wants them. A restaurant and maybe a coffee shop will be built on the first floor.

http://www.news-record.com/apps/pbcs.dll/a...EC0101/70614025

That's poor reporting on behalf of the News and Record, there are condos at One Charlotte Tower in Charlotte ranging from $2 million to $10 million. But $6 million in Greensboro for a condo? :lol:

Well its a big step for Greensboro but I do think there is a limit for Greensboro at this time for $6 million dollar condos. Downtown Raleigh doesnt even have condos that expensive. I think the most is 1 to 2 million dollars there. Apparently, people in Greensboro want to shell out $6 million for these posh, swank condos. Each penthouse unit would be on two levels or one could take up the entire floor. Ray Carroll will live on the top....that is until he builds a much taller Center Pointe II :)

Well its a big step for Greensboro but I do think there is a limit for Greensboro at this time for $6 million dollar condos. Downtown Raleigh doesnt even have condos that expensive. I think the most is 1 to 2 million dollars there. Apparently, people in Greensboro want to shell out $6 million for these posh, swank condos. Each penthouse unit would be on two levels or one could take up the entire floor. Ray Carroll will live on the top....that is until he builds a much taller Center Pointe II :)

so u know for a fact that he's building a centre pointe II?

That's poor reporting on behalf of the News and Record, there are condos at One Charlotte Tower in Charlotte ranging from $2 million to $10 million. But $6 million in Greensboro for a condo? :lol:

I will have to agree, $6 million is hard to believe for DT Greensboro at this stage of the game. Maybe in the future but not right now! Look! Here what I beleive is going on...Roy Carroll is a genius businessman...a small town Donald Trump! I think he has a real vision of what DT can become in the future. This dude has deep pockets! So, he can be a bigger player than most. For his gutsy moves, I hope he's successful.

He is doing nothing more than batting his hook and casting his line to see if he can hook a big fish (or nut case)! He announces he has $6 M condos for sell in Greensboro! GREAT PR! He gets a story in the N&R and a big buzz around town! In effect, he's creating free advertising for Center Pointe! Just because he offers condos at that price, has nothing to do with the residential market value of DT Greensboro! During construction, if he get a bite and actually sales a $6 M condo...GREAT! But if he doesn't, no big deal! He will just subdivide the 15th and 16th floors into regular sized condos.

I will have to say...This girl know how to "WORK IT"!! :thumbsup:

I will have to agree, $6 million is hard to believe for DT Greensboro at this stage of the game. Maybe in the future but not right now! Look! Here what I beleive is going on...Roy Carroll is a genius businessman...a small town Donald Trump! I think he has a real vision of what DT can become in the future. This dude has deep pockets! So, he can be a bigger player than most. For his gutsy moves, I hope he's successful.

He is doing nothing more than batting his hook and casting his line to see if he can hook a big fish (or nut case)! He announces he has $6 M condos for sell in Greensboro! GREAT PR! He gets a story in the N&R and a big buzz around town! In effect, he's creating free advertising for Center Pointe! Just because he offers condos at that price, has nothing to do with the residential market value of DT Greensboro! During construction, if he get a bite and actually sales a $6 M condo...GREAT! But if he doesn't, no big deal! He will just subdivide the 15th and 16th floors into regular sized condos.

I will have to say...This girl know how to "WORK IT"!! :thumbsup:

You've hit the nail on the head! This is exactly what i've been trying to say. Seems like alot of buzz going around these days in order to attract more interest in DT Greensboro. It's real estate PR meant to promote a development, but let's face it, Roy Carroll is by far no Donald Trump.

And one caveat about the condos in DT Raleigh, at the moment there are none that exceed $2 million, but in terms of the housing market overall, some of the most expensive homes in NC are in Raleigh, including one that is on the market for $32million. Peter Loftin's Mansion

Raleigh's housing market is trully market driven, and not hype driven. Just to keep things in perspective...

You've hit the nail on the head! This is exactly what i've been trying to say. Seems like alot of buzz going around these days in order to attract more interest in DT Greensboro. It's real estate PR meant to promote a development, but let's face it, Roy Carroll is by far no Donald Trump.

And one caveat about the condos in DT Raleigh, at the moment there are none that exceed $2 million, but in terms of the housing market overall, some of the most expensive homes in NC are in Raleigh, including one that is on the market for $32million. Peter Loftin's Mansion

Raleigh's housing market is trully market driven, and not hype driven. Just to keep things in perspective...

Thats where you are wrong...The condos are based on true demand. Roy Caroll didnt say "im planning $6 million condos, who wants one?" He incorporated them into the building because there was a small demand for them. Enough people where asking for very large spaces with multiple amenties which ended up having a market value up to $6 million. There are people in Greensboro that can afford those kind of condos you know LOL. He origionally didnt have any plan to build ultra expensive penthouse units. However I agree that this is a very SMALL limited demand and dont expect to see a whole lot of these kind of expensive condos popping up downtown. Mainly what will sell very well in downtown Greensboro are condos ranging from $150,000 to $230,000. I have noticed that developments that have large numbers of condos or townhomes with prices between $300,000 and $500,000 are selling a little slow but they are selling. I have noticed that more affordable condos have been selling pretty fast like Smothers Place Loft and 411 West Washington. Even in the former Bellemeade Village proposal. Many of the condos were well above $300,000 dollars but the only proposed condo building in the development that got over 50% pre sales was the one with prices ranging from $130,000 to $200,000. I think that pretty much says there is a market for more affordable condos in downtown Greensboro and only a very small demand for very expensive condos.

Thats where you are wrong...The condos are based on true demand. Roy Caroll didnt say "im planning $6 million condos, who wants one?" He incorporated them into the building because there was a small demand for them. Enough people where asking for very large spaces with multiple amenties which ended up having a market value up to $6 million. There are people in Greensboro that can afford those kind of condos you know LOL. He origionally didnt have any plan to build ultra expensive penthouse units. However I agree that this is a very SMALL limited demand and dont expect to see a whole lot of these kind of expensive condos popping up downtown. Mainly what will sell very well in downtown Greensboro are condos ranging from $150,000 to $230,000. I have noticed that developments that have large numbers of condos or townhomes with prices between $300,000 and $500,000 are selling a little slow but they are selling. I have noticed that more affordable condos have been selling pretty fast like Smothers Place Loft and 411 West Washington. Even in the former Bellemeade Village proposal. Many of the condos were well above $300,000 dollars but the only proposed condo building in the development that got over 50% pre sales was the one with prices ranging from $130,000 to $200,000. I think that pretty much says there is a market for more affordable condos in downtown Greensboro and only a very small demand for very expensive condos.

Cityboi, I totally respect your viewpoint! Nothing would make me happier than for Roy to sellout and be foreced to build that 30 story tower next door. But please remember, it is Roy Carroll that is saying that there is a demand for $6 million condos. The only info we have is what "he" is saying. I guess I'd be more convinced if there were people on the corner of Friendly and Elm. in riot gear with their checkbooks in hand!

Cityboi, I totally respect your viewpoint! Nothing would make me happier than for Roy to sellout and be foreced to build that 30 story tower next door. But please remember, it is Roy Carroll that is saying that there is a demand for $6 million condos. The only info we have is what "he" is saying. I guess I'd be more convinced if there were people on the corner of Friendly and Elm. in riot gear with their checkbooks in hand!

Exactly. It is Roy saying this, not perspective buyers. I'm somewhat familiar with condos so I have some idea as to how these things work. Priced at $6 million, there is no way that these things will see decent appreciation anytime soon, so why would someone buy one of these as an investment? Furthermore, this is a 16-17 story building. Who in the world, other than a developer wanting to sell units and show that there is some demand, would spend that kind of money to live in the downtown of a mid-sized city in a 16th floor condo, when they could get much more for their money living out in the burbs?

It doesn't add up.

Archived