Nashville Panoramic Picture

Lexy

I took this from Baptist Hospital's parking garage yesterday. I thought the colors were kind of cool and the city was real clean looking in the light. It's amazing the amount of construction going on in our city right now. It is changing very fast right in front of our eyes. I, for one, am glad to be a part of it. The construction stuff going on in the Gulch looks like something along the ocean front, not inland in Nashville. It's just amazing!

The picture is a biggie, so allow it time to download.

original.jpg

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice, Lexy. I would have thought that the top of Encore would be visible from that side despite the slope down of the terrain toward the river. So where will Pinnacle tower be in this view? Right behind the antenna of the Sommet Center? Also, I haven't harbored a whole lot of respect for the "dinky" Suntrust "tower", but it does help fill in that space between Renaissance and ATT towers. You can also see how much shorter the Viridian is than L&C from that angle too. The NES dome looks nice too. Thanks.

I think the Encore is too far south to be visible in this shot and I don't think the Pinnacle would be visible either. You're going to need wide angle shots to see them in the skyline from the east and west but the Encore and no doubt the Gulch towers will make an impact from the south for sure. And the Suntrust really adds to the density, skyscrapers be damned. plus it has a really nice gem-like finish to the glass, it reflects the sunlight with a pretty spectacular array of colors.

Great shot Lexy!

I appreciate the compliments guys and gals.

Mobuchu: Try a program called Autostitch. Just google it and you should be pointed in the right direction. Honestly, it's the only thing you need outside of an editing program like Photoshop, etc. It basically does everything for you.

Michael

I was a passenger while riding along the south loop the other day, and yes, Suntrust is quite prominent. I see it every day from work, and think it's a decent looking building. The best part is yet to come, when the retail at street level opens.

Lexy, thats a great shot. Kudos. I'm wondering if you or one of the group that has the ability to shoot and post, could maybe take some night time shots looking out so we can see what maybe someone in Viridian or on a lower floor of Siggy will see?

Archived