Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Southron

Old Alabama Town

4 posts in this topic

Old Alabama Town is a six block area in downtown Montgomery with over 50 authentically restored 19th and early 20th century structures from Central Alabama. Old Alabama Town was established in 1968 by the Landmarks Foundation of Montgomery to foster the preservation movement in the area.

website: Old Alabama Town

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Noble house restoration

Restoration of the ca. 1850s Noble house, purchased by The Landmarks Foundation of Montgomery in 1998, is well under way. A photo of the house prior to restoration is near the bottom of this page: Old Alabama Town: Along the street.

July 2007

Noble_house1.jpg

Noble_sign.jpg

---

Restoration of the ca. 1882 Gallagher house, next door, is complete.

Gallagher_house.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Most of the exterior work on the Noble House renovation is complete, with future plans including granite curbing, sidewalks and restoration of the interior. The Noble House is one of the last remaining homes in a former upscale residential neighborhood that became a commercial area by the 1940s. The Landmarks Foundation began work on the house, which had been extensively modified and converted to commercial use, in 2003.

Montgomery Advertiser: Restoration promises return of Noble House's former glory

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The antebellum Brittan-Dennis House, still on its original site at 507 Columbus St., is being restored by the Landmarks Foundation. Built in 1858 by Patrick Henry Brittan, at one time part-owner of the Montgomery Advertiser, the house was designed in the then-popular Italianate style with some aspects of the earlier Greek Revival style. The house is considered one of the best sur

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.