What to do in Lexington

PCGrad02

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It is ;) I always liked the atmosphere there, much more than some of the other establishments, but that's me personally. The hidden joke is that the main entrance to The Bar is in the rear... get it? :lol: Or at least thats what they told us when we first went there.

Cheapside is a nice place as well. If you are into coffee and other specialized drinks, Third Street Stuff (Limestone and Third) has outdoor music ocassionally. Common Grounds on E. High features open mic night on Mondays and live bands on Fridays and Saturdays.

The Dame at Main and Upper usually has good underground and up-and-coming music.

www.dameky.com

Buster's right next door is one of my favorites, it's a pool hall with a GREAT jukebox.

Alfalfa's: Mid-block between MLK and Limestone on Main is good a good restaurant for vegetarian food. It's connected to the Arts Center so while you wait you can stroll through the galleries.

http://www.alfalfarestaurant.com/

Charlie Browns: High and Euclid has good food and good atmosphere. They have books lining the walls, you can take one as long as you bring one to leave in it's place.

The Kentucky Theater is a historic theater with a beautiful interior, they play indie movies and cult classics. They also serve beer.

www.kentuckytheater.com

Natasha's is a Russian restaurant on Esplanade (between Main and Short) they have lots of art and displays as well.

www.beetnik.com

As far as other restaurants are concerned I'd suggest taking a stroll up north Limestone from Short to 3rd. There are several restaurants along those three blocks.

Anna Belle's (not sure, never been)

A' La Luci (French)

Le Deuxville (French)

Columbia's (Steaks and Burgers)

Atomic Cafe (Carribean)

There's a few to add to the list.

• 2 weeks later...

Everybody says that Joe Bologna's is good, but the food was pretty bad when I ate there. It was an interesting setting, but authentic Italian food Joe Bologna's is not. Just my opinion, and I seem to be in the minority about it. :)

Archived