• Connolly's
    • Stoole Pigeons
    • Fox and Hound
    • Therapy
    • City Tavern
    • Canns
    • Other (please state what other)
    • Oops forgot Alley Cat

I was wondering what bars everyone likes the best. If your bar is not on here (and there are 1000s that are not, just chose other and tell us all about your favorite bar. Make sure you give insight to why you love your bar, so we can all get the feeling that you get.

My favorite Bar is madisons, because of the feeling. No matter how busy the rest of downtown is Madisons is always pretty mellow. They have plush couches, hardwood accents, and a small humidor. They even have a "private room" with a big LCD mounted to the wall and 3 more plush sofa. Overall it is a very comfortable bar.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I voted for "other". I love Alley Cat. We finally have a good live music venue downtown. Add to that food from Penguin then add to that the great outdoor patio where live acoustic is playing...it is the hang out I needed in center city.

I also like the Attic, really just for the outside stoop on the corner -- best place to people watch in downtown being on the 2nd floor on that busy corner.

Haven't been to Madison's, but your description will get me there to check it out. Do they have food?

I added Alley Cat, I can't believe i forgot it. I don't think Madisons has food unfortunately. I've been trying to figure the place out for some time now. I have been hanging out at the attic for quite some time now, and I never even noticed Madisons, until a few months back, now I am there regularly. It is connected the the Attic and there is a street level entrance on 5th Street. Next time you are at the attic just walk on through the doors, thats where madisons is. Its funny I didn't see many people actually buying drinks at madisons, they seemed to be walking next door to the attic, because it was cheaper. There Cigar Selection was pretty good, and from what I remember their wine selection was too. As far as cigars they had macanudo, romeo & julieta, Ashcroft, cohiba (which I got), Acid, and many others. Its a pretty great place I think.

edit: According to this they have fine dining, oops had no idea.

http://search.cityguide.aol.com/charlotte/...disons/v-134980

My "Other" vote is for........Central Station. :blush:

It's super-smokey and nasty, and by no means a respectable establishment. But it's within walking distance, has cheap drinks :alc: , and the crowd is always entertaining.

Just get out before they turn the lights on. :shok:

i voted for other. i like the plaza midwood, noda, and elizabeth variety.

one place i've only been to a few times but enjoyed is the sanctuary - in noda. i also like the bar @ dish, carpe diem, alexander micheals.... and jack's is alright. i mostly prefer a quaint - more nondescript kinda place than the candidates in this thread.

however, if i had to pick from the list above i would definitely go with sir edmunds.

Out of those listed, I chose Fox and the Hound simply because there is a lot to do there. Most places all you can do is drink and talk. At Fox and the Hound, you can drink, talk, throw darts, play pool, watch tv, go to the cigar room, etc. A winning combination I think.

I voted for "other". I love Alley Cat. We finally have a good live music venue downtown. Add to that food from Penguin then add to that the great outdoor patio where live acoustic is playing...it is the hang out I needed in center city.

Not a bar person at all but Tutto Mondo's can be nice before it gets sardine packed in there and you can't move without tripping over the sofa into someone's lap or trapped in the bathroom line which can stretch across the entire room. This is when I go home.

Not a bar person at all but Tutto Mondo's can be nice before it gets sardine packed in there and you can't move without tripping over the sofa into someone's lap or trapped in the bathroom line which can stretch across the entire room. This is when I go home.

I must completely agree with the Common Market. They are quite persistent with their Thursday night free wine/beer tasting, which always draws an increasingly large crowd (IMO) the nights I have been there.

The atmosphere is great, as is the wine collection and that outside patio is also a genius touch! I am extremely happy to claim this place in my neighborhood, great deli, great market, great wine bar - what else do you need.

I pick this spot also! BTW Sorry to jump on a soapbox, but I am constantly amazed when I bring non center city folks/out-of-towners into Common Market, they love it. Also, it is quite obvious that the owners are not afraid of expanding their business model. I say bring it! I cannot wait to see what else Common Market will pull from the magician's cap!

Just my two cents!

I voted for "OTHER" ...The Forum! Best Club in Charlotte by far! But also, the Loft if you want an elite chic lounge atmosphere with a great view of the uptown skyline....Tutto Mundos has great house music, and sunset club is great especially on thursday nights, they have International night with Hookahs....Cans is also fun, if you are into the rock n jock scene.....Eden and Lava Lounge are also fun, havent been there in a while though.....

Archived