• Therapy
    • City Tavern
    • Canns
    • Other (please state what other)
    • Oops forgot Alley Cat

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I spent a little time tonight identifying all the bars in Uptown, Southend, NoDa, and Plaza Midwood using Google Maps. I live uptown, so that got the most focus. If you can think of more, send them my way. I will try to keep this up to date:

Charlotte Nightlife on Google Maps

Thanks for creating this, it is a great resource! I have added a link to your Charlotte Nightlife map under resources on the main http://charlotte.urbanplanet.org page.

• 3 weeks later...

I went to Cans last night for the first time. Didn't see the entire place but overall I thought it was a pretty cool bar. It was much larger than I thought. I guess there website doesn't do it justice. I'm not sure how another website deemed it "the best place to meet singles" because I could barely hear my friends sitting next to me talk, and they were yelling.

ScottCLT - Thank you SO much! That map is awesome... will be perfect for quickly checking out on my iPhone while walking around Uptown! :D

Any recommendations for parking? I'd rather not spend 20 minutes driving around when we get into town trying to find something on the street. I'm really excited about this weekend. I'll have about 10 friends coming in from out of town so we'll all have a good time checking out the different spots.

Probably the most popular place would be the 7th Street Station parking deck but there are plenty of other decks about every other block, if not more. If you're lucky you can find free street parking at a meter (only work 8-6) or you could go to the lots next to Dixie's or Fox and the Hound.

Also try the IJL (201 N. Tryon) parking deck, on 6th between Tryon and Church, make sure you get a ticket even if there is an event going on and you can get it validated at Zink. Free parking. Same thing at 7th street station if you go to Brixx.

I can't wait for Wednesday, It will be the first time I've not been Traveling on a Wednesday in almost two months. So my girlfriend and I are making our way to Therapy for Two for one martinis.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

They aren't options on here, but I now contend that Play and Live in the old Menage site are the best nightspots in town. Totally different atmosphere for each. The top level, Play, isn't all that different from other clubs in town, but the HUGE outdoor upper deck terrace is fantastic. The music was great as well and the side room that feels like an old English manor is really cool.

The lower level, Live, is just what I've been missing since Tonic closed. Quite relaxing, cool, chill, etc. Lounge sofas and reclined seating everywhere, acid jazz and laid back music.

They aren't options on here, but I now contend that Play and Live in the old Menage site are the best nightspots in town. Totally different atmosphere for each. The top level, Play, isn't all that different from other clubs in town, but the HUGE outdoor upper deck terrace is fantastic. The music was great as well and the side room that feels like an old English manor is really cool.

The lower level, Live, is just what I've been missing since Tonic closed. Quite relaxing, cool, chill, etc. Lounge sofas and reclined seating everywhere, acid jazz and laid back music.

Archived