MLS

cltheel.sdl

The fan are not the one that fail it was the owner. I had season tickets to the Fusion and believe me the fans were great. Miami has a supporter club Miami Ultra www.miamisoccerfan.com and they are getting support in Miami.

MLS player love to see Miami get a team. MLS said that Miami has multiple groups interested. Miami should have a team, it just don't make any sense that South Florida home of more knowledgeable soccer fans in the USA and with so much passion not to have a team . MLS is missing out on the gold mine of soccer fans. I think MLS is seeing the potential Miami has and we should be awarded a expansion team 2011.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Althought I very much liked the style and skill of the fusion, especially just before contraction, I am at this point glad they were cut. At the time I wanted KC to be cut with Tampa, but I think removing both Florida teams allowed the league to save money and survive a very tight financial time. Now things are rosey, and Miami will surely end up with a team at some point. As far as grass roots support, the Ultras need to find a way to strike a cord and grow membership if they want to "earn" a teal in the way sons of ben did.

On another note, we are in week 3 all ready of the 2008 season. attencance has been good, the games I have watched have been good. weathers getting nicer. so life is good.

:)

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Seattle unveiled their jersey today:

kit-2.jpg

Microsoft will pay the club $4,000,000 a year for five years.

They also announced that season ticket deposits had reached 16,200 and they are having a 102% conversation rate of deposits to season tickets. In a few months (or less), Seattle will lead the MLS in season ticket sales.

Season ticket holders:

1. Toronto FC - 16,641

2. Seattle Sounders FC - 16,200 (begins play in 2009)

3. Los Angeles Galaxy - 7,915

4. D.C. United - 5,976

5. Philadelphia - 5,000 (rough estimate of ticket deposits from mid-May; begins play in 2010)

6. Real Salt Lake - 4,632

7. Houston Dynamo - 4,116

8. New England Revolution - 4,001

9. San Jose Earthquakes - 3,822

10. Columbus Crew - 3,227

11. New York Red Bulls - 3,170

12. FC Dallas - 3,002

13. Colorado Rapids - 2,968

14. Chicago Fire - 2,759

15. Kansas City Wizards - 1,539

16. Chivas USA - 837

Edited by Sundodger

The $4M/season number ranks 2nd in the league as well. This team looks as though it will be fairly successfull right out of the gate. I hope they can replicate what Toronto has done. With the Stadium in place I think they have the potential to do much better than Toronto, but I refuse to count my chickens before they hatch.

Here is to hoping Seattle sells 20k season tickets, and puts an exciting team on the pitch.

I see the league attendence really making a jump come 2010.

KC and SJ will be out of their tiny temporary stadiumsby then and two more seemingly popular new teams will be playing. I expect nightly sell outs in the small stadium planned for Philly, and Seattle could actually average as high as 30k if they manage to keep selling season tickets. (not sure what red bull will be up to in 2010 but they could be doing well by then as well)

^ agree with all the above and as far as the uni, it is awesome. They have the Mariners blue and the Seahawks accent Green. It looks great, now they need to get some teams in the southeast and have the MLS be across the country.

• 4 months later...

Seven groups submitted bids yesterday to MLS for a franchise that would begin play in 2011. The cities represented and ownership groups include:

Atlanta - Arthur Blank, owner of the NFL Falcons

Miami - FC Barcelona and FC Bolivar

Montreal - Saputo family, owner of USL Impact

Ottawa - Eugene Melnyk, owner of the NHL Senators

Portland - Merritt Paulson, owner of the USL Timbers and PCL Beavers

St. Louis - Jeff Cooper

Vancouver - Greg Kerfoot, Steve Nash, and Jeff Mallett, USL Whitecaps

Seven groups submitted bids yesterday to MLS for a franchise that would begin play in 2011. The cities represented and ownership groups include:

Atlanta - Arthur Blank, owner of the NFL Falcons

Miami - FC Barcelona and FC Bolivar

Montreal - Saputo family, owner of USL Impact

Ottawa - Eugene Melnyk, owner of the NHL Senators

Portland - Merritt Paulson, owner of the USL Timbers and PCL Beavers

St. Louis - Jeff Cooper

Vancouver - Greg Kerfoot, Steve Nash, and Jeff Mallett, USL Whitecaps