Latta Arcade

grodney

I noticed that there is some construction happening inside the old Gus' space at Latta Arcade, so I e-mailed CCCP to see what is going on.

The answer is: Eckard is moving into the old Gus' space, and Starbucks and Subway will fill the (current) Eckard space.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Make that 6 within the 277 loop. Thanks Atlvr. Don't know why I left that one off.

1. Charlotte Plaza

201 South College Street

Charlotte, NC 28244

2. Bank of America Plaza

101 S. Tryon Street

Charlotte, NC 28202

3. Independence

101 N Tyron St

Charlotte, NC 28246

4. Charlotte Convention Center

501 S College St

Charlotte, NC 28202

5. Gateway Village

800 W Trade St

Charlotte, NC 28202

Soon to open

6. 316 S. Tryon St

Charlotte, NC 28202

Then, don't forget the one at 7th + Pecan, Elizabeth Ave., Morehead Medical Drive (CMC- Main Hospital), and East Blvd. to round out the ones within ~1/2 mile of the loop.

that's more Starbucks in this loop than I thought. I'm really surprised there isn't a shop in any of the Wachovia buildings when I started working downtown several years ago. although I wouldn't be overly surprised if the company throws in another shop in new Wachovia building for good measures. Eckards will still linger around and be the eyesore of the Arcade in Gus' old place.

All Eckerds are being converted to Rite Aid, correct? Not that it matters. Maybe the drug stores will extend their hrs with so much new residential around. I agree, this will probably have a better presence than the tattered old eckerd, could have been worse.

I don't know about everyone else that works on the "Blue" side of town, but I'm sure glad there is going to be one closer to my building.

In fact, we walked over to the one at Charlotte plaza this morning and the line was OUT THE DOOR. The one in BofA plaza was at least 20 people deep.

So, yeah, there is a demand for it. And yeah, I'm glad it is going to get closer to where I work. 'Cause I'm too lazy to walk that far!

:lol:

Dilworth Coffee House is right next door. While I don't have anything against Starbucks, it still kind of sucks for Dilworth. Sad fact is, if I want a quick coffee, I'll probably walk the extra 1/4 block to Starbucks for the faster-moving line. I also agree it would be nice to have a bigger place with some actual seating, but somehow I think money probably gets in the way.

As for Subway, there used to be one across the street in the basement (next to Johnny Burrito) under the atrium, but I guess I don't know if it's still there.

Yeah, from the atrium side you have to go down the escalator. If you enter from the College St side, I think it's just down a few steps. Friday is tamale day, which is highly recommended. But a standard burrito is excellent as well. Long line after 11:25, but don't be scared, it moves fast.

I may get banned, but I don't know the building names for sure. Coming from Tryon, enter the atrium next to Mimosa. Escaltor up is to the back-right. Escalator down is to the back-leftish. Take the escalator down. There you will find Johnny B, Subway, and a couple other eating joints.

Archived