Latta Arcade

grodney

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm not aware of a 24hr coffee shop in Charlotte. A lot of folks like the coffee from Java Passage off Camden - another location just off S.Blvd on Magnolia (serves beer and wine). The one on Magnolia seems to be strugglin, maybe the Lowe's development will kick it up a bit - though that area is primed for a maurading Sbucks to crush them.

Unfortunately not local, but Sbucks and Caribou on East Blvd are open to 10pm or midnight depending on the day of the week.

Charlotte is in desparate need of an ecclectic coffeshop that's open latenight - preferable in/near city center. Maybe I just don't know about one??

On that note we need a decent funky late night type cafe to sit down and get a good breakfast and maybe some some healthy type food. Could be a good combo.

I've since found Lava Java @ the intersection of Sharon Amity and WT Harris. Open late with live music (sometimes a cover free) and other events. Good coffee and desserts.

I'm just a damn yankee so I guess it's my NYC arrogance to expect I can find anything under the sun that I might happen to want at 3 or 4 AM in the city ;) The least of all being a cup of coffee... but yes, Charlotte may not be a 24/7 hour city just yet but it will be a far different place in 10 years.

It just amazes me the spread of the city, so much of it empty buildings. Even close to uptown you can find so much existing infrastructure just sitting vacant. My route into Uptown is Independence/74 and there is a good mile or so stretch from Sharon Amity to 277 that is nearly a solid strip of vacant buildings. I call it Death Valley. Not exactly a jewel showcasing the approach to the 'Queen City'. I plan to document it all in pictures one day and post here.

• 3 weeks later...
I asked the Eckard cashier when they are going to move, and she said they are *not* moving into the old Gus' space. She said she has heard a bunch of rumors, including Sbarro, Salsarita's, Starbucks, and Subway.

So either she's wrong, or the answer from CCCP is now wrong. In other words, nevermind I guess.

For anyone interested 230 South Tryon board has set up a party this coming Thursday night at 6:00 in the Latta Arcade/Brevard Court. The restaurants, bars, and cafes are all doing drink and food specials, there will be a band, a couple local artist will display their art. It is listed as a meet & greet for the residents in the condos to meet each other, but the invite is clearly stated as *open* for anyonen and all welcome. Should be a fun night in a great atmosphere if anyone is interested in coming.

• 7 months later...

Archived