Digitial Farewell Party for SBC

Lets have a digitial farewell party for SBC. You must give a toast, name the restaurant or bar , name the meal and drink that you are toasting to SBC.

Restaurant-Herby K

Meal-Shrimp buster

Drink-Absolut and twist of orange

Music or Song-Any seventy Rocks-

PS ( There used to be an hip record store right accross from Centenary in the 70's when I was a teeny bopper)

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Lets have a digitial farewell party for SBC. You must give a toast, name the restaurant or bar , name the meal and drink that you are toasting to SBC.

Restaurant-Herby K

Meal-Shrimp buster

Drink-Absolut and twist of orange

Music or Song-Any seventy Rocks-

PS ( There used to be an hip record store right accross from Centenary in the 70's when I was a teeny bopper)

I'll tell you what, Brian, no matter how much you end up loving Chicago, you'll miss some aspects of "home" more than you can ever imagine. Whatever you really like about SBC or Louisiana that isn't in Chicago, you'll miss...alot. I spent summers living in places like Stockholm and Copenhagen, and after 3 months, no matter how much I was enjoying myself in Europe, I was even missing the humidity! ;)

With that said, good luck with your move, whenever it is!

I'll tell you what, Brian, no matter how much you end up loving Chicago, you'll miss some aspects of "home" more than you can ever imagine. Whatever you really like about SBC or Louisiana that isn't in Chicago, you'll miss...alot. I spent summers living in places like Stockholm and Copenhagen, and after 3 months, no matter how much I was enjoying myself in Europe, I was even missing the humidity! ;)

Congrats on moving to Chicago. A little piece of advice: Whatever you did back in SBC will have to be adjusted to fit Chicago. You might have been able to get away with doing dumb stuff in Shreveport but in Chicago that won't fly. You can't beef with people in Chicago like you can in Shreveport because you might get left in Lake Michigan :thumbsup: Other than that, congrats on moving up.

Congrats on moving to Chicago. A little piece of advice: Whatever you did back in SBC will have to be adjusted to fit Chicago. You might have been able to get away with doing dumb stuff in Shreveport but in Chicago that won't fly. You can't beef with people in Chicago like you can in Shreveport because you might get left in Lake Michigan :thumbsup: Other than that, congrats on moving up.

That for sure, everybody who leaves SBC misses the food!!!!. How many cookie cutter restaurant can you eat at here in SA. I can still taste the fresh catfish I ate during my last visit to SBC.

PS: How as neighborhood out last night in SBC. Is the new police chief going to go a Rudy G on Shreveport criminals?

Archived