Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

imaterry78247

Digitial Farewell Party for SBC

27 posts in this topic

Lets have a digitial farewell party for SBC. You must give a toast, name the restaurant or bar , name the meal and drink that you are toasting to SBC.

Restaurant-Herby K

Meal-Shrimp buster

Drink-Absolut and twist of orange

Music or Song-Any seventy Rocks-

PS ( There used to be an hip record store right accross from Centenary in the 70's when I was a teeny bopper)

Lets have a digitial farewell party for SBC. You must give a toast, name the restaurant or bar , name the meal and drink that you are toasting to SBC.

Restaurant-Herby K

Meal-Shrimp buster

Drink-Absolut and twist of orange

Music or Song-Any seventy Rocks-

PS ( There used to be an hip record store right accross from Centenary in the 70's when I was a teeny bopper)

Oh! :) Thanks man... I'm TRYING to get to Chicago, but as it turns out it won't be this year. Hopefully next. I'm really wanting this so I'm trying to make it work out.

Lets start a collection for SBCmetroguy a fur coat. Man he is going to need it

Haha! Very true, but I can deal with it... I love that city, and it's most beautiful during the Winter months.

You're moving. :( Well I guess that's good that you get to live life to the fullest. :lol:

I'll tell you what, Brian, no matter how much you end up loving Chicago, you'll miss some aspects of "home" more than you can ever imagine. Whatever you really like about SBC or Louisiana that isn't in Chicago, you'll miss...alot. I spent summers living in places like Stockholm and Copenhagen, and after 3 months, no matter how much I was enjoying myself in Europe, I was even missing the humidity! ;)

With that said, good luck with your move, whenever it is!

I'll tell you what, Brian, no matter how much you end up loving Chicago, you'll miss some aspects of "home" more than you can ever imagine. Whatever you really like about SBC or Louisiana that isn't in Chicago, you'll miss...alot. I spent summers living in places like Stockholm and Copenhagen, and after 3 months, no matter how much I was enjoying myself in Europe, I was even missing the humidity! ;)

Congrats on moving to Chicago. A little piece of advice: Whatever you did back in SBC will have to be adjusted to fit Chicago. You might have been able to get away with doing dumb stuff in Shreveport but in Chicago that won't fly. You can't beef with people in Chicago like you can in Shreveport because you might get left in Lake Michigan :thumbsup: Other than that, congrats on moving up.

Congrats on moving to Chicago. A little piece of advice: Whatever you did back in SBC will have to be adjusted to fit Chicago. You might have been able to get away with doing dumb stuff in Shreveport but in Chicago that won't fly. You can't beef with people in Chicago like you can in Shreveport because you might get left in Lake Michigan :thumbsup: Other than that, congrats on moving up.

SBCmetroguy-How bout bringing your boys down to SBC to get rid of thise criminals that has infested the city

;) Never getting rid of them now, we just have to fight harder to keep them under control unfortunately.

I really do miss Shreveport badly!! I hope you fare well in CHICAGO!! I miss the food and family....

I really do miss Shreveport badly!! I hope you fare well in CHICAGO!! I miss the food and family....

That for sure, everybody who leaves SBC misses the food!!!!. How many cookie cutter restaurant can you eat at here in SA. I can still taste the fresh catfish I ate during my last visit to SBC.

PS: How as neighborhood out last night in SBC. Is the new police chief going to go a Rudy G on Shreveport criminals?

May I ask where you ate catfish? We do have some great catfish restaurants here.

Yeah, I second that... that must be some GOOD catfish if you posted that statement three times... ;)

All I know that it was a catfish restaurant on West 70th behing a water park

That....................................I think........................................ Jan's River Restaurant??

I noticed a lot of Mexican Restaurant in SBC. How big is the Hispanic population there and what part of town do they concentrate in