Pedestrian Wayfinder Signs

RestedTraveler

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

These can have a big benefit with little effort. I've always considered my area of Cambridge And Somerville, Massachusetts to be defined by its pedestrian squares. Just recently the closest square to me added a sign showing the distance and walking time from that square to the others in the area.

OK...it's not my city, but I thought Dallas had a pretty nice wayfinder system:

905808034_e130347718_b.jpg

It doesn't seem to multi-task well though...not a very good place to store banannas. :lol:

These can have a big benefit with little effort. I've always considered my area of Cambridge And Somerville, Massachusetts to be defined by its pedestrian squares. Just recently the closest square to me added a sign showing the distance and walking time from that square to the others in the area.

The example from Dallas looks to be more of a kiosk than wayfinder signage. It serves the same purpose, but is a bit more comprehensive.

Here's how Columbia, SC's wayfinding signage is going to look once installed. These are the prototypes (photos courtesy of forumer Firefox):

columbiaskyline003.jpg

columbiaskyline002.jpg

Archived