Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

grock

Buyer for WFSB Broadcast House?

25 posts in this topic

Heard from a good source Northland toured the building again today. Any one know what they would do with it?

Heard from a good source Northland toured the building again today. Any one know what they would do with it?

Tear it down along with the hotel on site and build 2 new 30+ floor towers housing office, retail, and residential along with a W Hotel.

We can only hope.

I would prefer one 50 story building. Hotel on the bottom, office in the middle, residential on top.

I would prefer one 50 story building. Hotel on the bottom, office in the middle, residential on top.

Disturbing lack of grasps on reality in this thread.

I would like it to be a mixture of residential, hotel, and retail. The city doesn't need more office space right now; there are enough existing buildings to fill.

I tend to agree with Mikel regarding the grasp on reality. Front Street appears to be stalled, even though they say it is in the works. This area has been nothing more than a muddy pit since CNG left. Any attempts to take the former Sonesta hotel by emminent domain for private development is going to be a long process. Hartford 21 is still at 40% or less occupancy. The Waterford Group seems to have decided to hold off on future development after Perez turned on them and started his union marches. Plaza Mayor has stalled after Perez gave the development to his buddies , even though they did not have the funding in place. The YMCA has gone from a useful structure that at least offered a place for youth and city residents to use, to an empty shell that will most likely become another eyesore before and development happens there. And do we even need to discuss the corner of Main and Trumbull and potential development there that is at least keeping the State's Attorneys' office investigators busy with their corruption probe.Every time I drive by that area I think about how great WFSB's new Rocky Hill building would look on that long vacant lot. I'm sure many developers and potential investors are anxiously awaiting the November election before they decide their next move

Hartford is a great city, lots of potential. It just suffers from a total lack of leadership and vision

I tend to agree with Mikel regarding the grasp on reality. Front Street appears to be stalled, even though they say it is in the works. This area has been nothing more than a muddy pit since CNG left. Any attempts to take the former Sonesta hotel by emminent domain for private development is going to be a long process. Hartford 21 is still at 40% or less occupancy. The Waterford Group seems to have decided to hold off on future development after Perez turned on them and started his union marches. Plaza Mayor has stalled after Perez gave the development to his buddies , even though they did not have the funding in place. The YMCA has gone from a useful structure that at least offered a place for youth and city residents to use, to an empty shell that will most likely become another eyesore before and development happens there. And do we even need to discuss the corner of Main and Trumbull and potential development there that is at least keeping the State's Attorneys' office investigators busy with their corruption probe.Every time I drive by that area I think about how great WFSB's new Rocky Hill building would look on that long vacant lot. I'm sure many developers and potential investors are anxiously awaiting the November election before they decide their next move

Hartford is a great city, lots of potential. It just suffers from a total lack of leadership and vision

If someone does something can we please call in another developer besides Northland?

According to the developer, filling the NH tower will take at least two years. Exactly like H21.

Wonder if New Havenites will be whining if it's not full in eight months (like some on this board about H21).

yeah. why don't you get nitkin or cohen to do it.

I heard the the state is moving Tourism (or Economic development) people in to WFSB??? Why? They need to level that thing.

I heard the the state is moving Tourism (or Economic development) people in to WFSB??? Why? They need to level that thing.

I'm pretty sure the department of Tourism is moving to the old Bank of America space at 1 Constitution Plaza across the fountain from Spris.

I'm pretty sure the department of Tourism is moving to the old Bank of America space at 1 Constitution Plaza across the fountain from Spris.