Buyer for WFSB Broadcast House?

grock

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I tend to agree with Mikel regarding the grasp on reality. Front Street appears to be stalled, even though they say it is in the works. This area has been nothing more than a muddy pit since CNG left. Any attempts to take the former Sonesta hotel by emminent domain for private development is going to be a long process. Hartford 21 is still at 40% or less occupancy. The Waterford Group seems to have decided to hold off on future development after Perez turned on them and started his union marches. Plaza Mayor has stalled after Perez gave the development to his buddies , even though they did not have the funding in place. The YMCA has gone from a useful structure that at least offered a place for youth and city residents to use, to an empty shell that will most likely become another eyesore before and development happens there. And do we even need to discuss the corner of Main and Trumbull and potential development there that is at least keeping the State's Attorneys' office investigators busy with their corruption probe.Every time I drive by that area I think about how great WFSB's new Rocky Hill building would look on that long vacant lot. I'm sure many developers and potential investors are anxiously awaiting the November election before they decide their next move

Hartford is a great city, lots of potential. It just suffers from a total lack of leadership and vision

I tend to agree with Mikel regarding the grasp on reality. Front Street appears to be stalled, even though they say it is in the works. This area has been nothing more than a muddy pit since CNG left. Any attempts to take the former Sonesta hotel by emminent domain for private development is going to be a long process. Hartford 21 is still at 40% or less occupancy. The Waterford Group seems to have decided to hold off on future development after Perez turned on them and started his union marches. Plaza Mayor has stalled after Perez gave the development to his buddies , even though they did not have the funding in place. The YMCA has gone from a useful structure that at least offered a place for youth and city residents to use, to an empty shell that will most likely become another eyesore before and development happens there. And do we even need to discuss the corner of Main and Trumbull and potential development there that is at least keeping the State's Attorneys' office investigators busy with their corruption probe.Every time I drive by that area I think about how great WFSB's new Rocky Hill building would look on that long vacant lot. I'm sure many developers and potential investors are anxiously awaiting the November election before they decide their next move

Hartford is a great city, lots of potential. It just suffers from a total lack of leadership and vision

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Archived