Sub-South Macon (South Bibb)

aboutmetro

This area of Macon is the fastest growing area. While it's not widely known, it's the only area of Greater Macon/Warner Robins to experience positive growth compared to last year (in terms of new construction home sales). I'm betting that alot of 'bi-area' families (one working in Macon, the other in Houston) are discovering this area. I travel through the area frequently and started wondering what the deal was with all the dirt, so I started investigating. Getting the dirt on the dirt (bad pun I know).

Probably what has alot to do with it is the 'buzz' around the new Hartley Station development (Harltey Bridge Rd & I-75). At 1,400+ acres, it's one of the largest master planned developments in the State. According to the DRI on the state's website, It has over 150 acres dedicated to commercial retail development... that's huge! McDonalds and Zaxby's is already under contstruction and there's supposedly a grocery (other than Kroger) committed. I just hope there's some good restaurants coming. I know that part next to the Business Park is for hotels, so maybe that'll bring the dining...

hartleystation.gif

• 7 months later...

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived