Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FortWorthology

Fort Worth - The Caceria Building - Downtown

18 posts in this topic

Wagner Oil has been underway on a new 7-story office tower at the corner of 5th & Commerce for a little while now. The Caceria Building, as it is known, will feature ground-floor retail and was designed by Gideon Toal of Fort Worth. It will connect internally with the neighborhing 500 Commerce, a historic '20s parking garage (that's actually attractive!) with three floors of office space on top and ground-floor retail, also owned by Wagner.

Rendering:

CaceriaOpener.jpg

Recent construction shot:

871225457_8022c8ee48.jpg

Another classy structure going up in Fort Worth.

I wouldn't mind seeing some pics of that '20's garage. ;)

Another classy structure going up in Fort Worth.

I wouldn't mind seeing some pics of that '20's garage. ;)

Here you go - for the curious, THIS is how you make a parking garage that doesn't suck the life out of an urban area:

976938150_c1b9aa8a46_o.jpg

^The Spring St garage is my favorite SC garage.

Who's the architect of the Caceria Building?

^Same ones that designed the Tarrant County Family Law Center, another modern classic.

I never knew so much quality architecture existed in Fort Worth, past and present. Now I know! :)

^Same ones that designed the Tarrant County Family Law Center, another modern classic.

I never knew so much quality architecture existed in Fort Worth, past and present. Now I know! :)

Shots from today - one more floor to go! Between the restaurants in the ground level of 500 Commerce, this building, and the redevelopment of the neighboring hotel into an Embassy Suites with a cafe, 5th & Commerce is getting some good attention.

1096251879_3d743acee0_o.jpg

1097289916_0952d4ed72_o.jpg

That looks like a great project. I wish more new buildings could take the contextual route. It isn't slavishly trying to be "historic", yet it works well within the existing fabric of the city. Nice.

The street-facing sides are prepped for facade work, and brick is going up on the building's rear side:

2070800507_e7e45aabfb_o.jpg

2071594854_f75d93c996_o.jpg

There's substantial work being done at the neighboring 500 Commerce (mixed-use garage/office/retail from the '20s mentioned earlier). They are redesigning the ground floor, fully enclosing it to add more retail space.