Hilton Norfolk at The Main

vdogg

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ask and you shall receive. :shades:

NorfolkWestin.jpg

Man, this thing dwarfs Trader. This is well over 300ft. :camera:

It even looks slightly taller than the BOA building. If I had to guess i'd put it around 320ft.

vdogg,

Is there somewhere else that we can see the new rendering?

For some reason, I am unable to see hte picture!

Thanks! :rolleyes:

vdogg,

Is there somewhere else that we can see the new rendering?

For some reason, I am unable to see hte picture!

Thanks! :rolleyes:

There is a listing on loopnet for the retail portion in this tower. Just type in "Westin hotel and conference center" and you should be able to find it. I don't know the exact address though. You must have some filters at work that are blocking the image, because I can see it fine.

There is a listing on loopnet for the retail portion in this tower. Just type in "Westin hotel and conference center" and you should be able to find it. I don't know the exact address though. You must have some filters at work that are blocking the image, because I can see it fine.

Never mind, I found it. See if you can view it here.

WOW!!!

This is soooooooooooooooooooooo much better!

New majority developer/owner!

New hotel brand!

New Design!

New ENTHUSIAISM!

Thanks vdogg!

This think can't get built fast enough!

:yahoo:

I like how they added a lot more glass to this thing. It gives it a lighter feel. Also, that top should look pretty awesome lit up at night. I'm still surprised that Westin approved this. They must be making a killing at the one in Va. Beach.

I'm impressed. I like the design. The setbacks make it stand out. Its not the typical box tower like everything else in Downtown Norfolk. I feel that someone FINALLY understands the notion that we need better architectual design in this area.

Glad I bought William Fuller that beer at Club Sevens. :fun: Not really.

Great looking building. I like its slender and tall front.

Is this designed by CMSS? I see similarity in the use of brick facade on the lower right, split with the concrete/glass facade on the left and the upper right like the Gateway Tower has.

Also, directly next to the gray block of historic buildings on Granby there is a white section of the hotel. I think that is gonna be the relocation of the facade of the historic decker building they dismanted many months ago. I remember in the paper, they said they were going to reuse it on the new tower in order to preserve some history.

I'm VERY excited about this project! I'm happy to see a new office building with some character to its design.

Hotel and conference center, but still true...

I would like to see another rendering, rather than the bland surroundings, the 3D helps but id like to see a true picture as well, but definitely looking great

Hotel and conference center, but still true...

I would like to see another rendering, rather than the bland surroundings, the 3D helps but id like to see a true picture as well, but definitely looking great

Where did this first surface, and can we expect more soon?

Where did this first surface, and can we expect more soon?

They started marketing the retail for the tower on May 8th. The rendering was part of the packet. There is supposed to be a formal announcement sometime this week that the deal has been finalized. I'd expect to see a better rendering then (hopefully).

I really like the rendering.

I think it is in a lot of ways different architecture as some have stated but in some ways it is the same, which I like because I think it will complement the skyline rather than draw attention just to it. I think it is rather sleek and looks taller than it probably actually is because of the setbacks in it. It looks (to me) like it rises instead of sticks to the ground like Dominion.

Let's get this thing rolling!

Well, it's Friday and no announcement yet. I hope this doesn't turn into the same thing that happened with Johnson where the city keeps promising an announcement that never comes. I have considerably more confidence in LTD than I did Johnson so hopefully we'll hear something today or tommorrow. I think that they've done all the site work that can be done, so hopefully this thing can be under construction in very short order.

Archived