Hilton Norfolk at The Main

vdogg

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Link? I think they mean this upcoming fall, aka fall 2009. It was Summer 2009 so it got pushed back a little, which makes sense in this economy.

"Fraim also hopes construction will begin next fall on a 26-story Westin Hotel, which combined with a city-constructed convention center, will cost more than $150 million"

http://hamptonroads.com/2009/02/norfolk-ma...te-city-address

"Fraim also hopes construction will begin next fall on a 26-story Westin Hotel, which combined with a city-constructed convention center, will cost more than $150 million"

http://hamptonroads.com/2009/02/norfolk-ma...te-city-address

Thanks. I'm pretty sure they mean this upcoming fall, not fall 2010, which would be terrible. That said, there's nothing to stop them from reaching this fall and then deciding to push it back again, which is the way things seem to happen in Norfolk. :lol:

Thanks. I'm pretty sure they mean this upcoming fall, not fall 2010, which would be terrible. That said, there's nothing to stop them from reaching this fall and then deciding to push it back again, which is the way things seem to happen in Norfolk. :lol:
For a building as amazing looking as this one, I'm ok with the long wait, even if it went out to fall '10! Better they take all the time they need to get this one put up right, then to speed the process along and give us all something we don't want.

I'm also just very glad that Westin agreed on this design for its Norfolk hotel instead of having it have ended up in the TC location somehow. The only thing I like about the Town Center Westin is it's height, but it's just so tacky looking, from it's $5 looking gray-panel roof to it's enormously oversizied & absolute density-killing garage.

This building just shouts urban to me, and it'll fit in so nicely on main street with the mariott & other tall buildings along by it's side. I'm anxiously awaiting this one to start up-

I've seen a few construction trucks and what not on the site.

When pinging about nearby real estate the salespeople all refer to this conference center. I'm like, "Uhhh how's the conference center going to help the country avoid a great depression? You still have the issue of real estate being 50% overvalued, losses of jobs, and the fact that America just isn't great anymore." They never have an answer, by stay firm on their prices.

*Shrug*

BUILD IT! Let it go into foreclosure, and let someone else buy it and operate it at better rates.

• 3 weeks later...

Yep. That's the very first rendering we had actually. It's posted way back at the beginning of the thread.

Yup.. I'm anxiously awaiting the westin to start construction..

I dont know why but i absolutely love this building..

I would be crushed if it didn't get built ha

O_O They better not change the design. The only way i would like for them to change the design is to add more floors. acually that is encouraged!!!!

I wish! But with all the gloom and doom articles about condos not selling i don't see how it would grow in height.. Unless the city added a conference floor or the westin decided to put more rooms.. which is unlikely i think

I wish! But with all the gloom and doom articles about condos not selling i don't see how it would grow in height.. Unless the city added a conference floor or the westin decided to put more rooms.. which is unlikely i think

Well the difference is, this place is already 100% pre-leased. (according to previous pilot articles). So they could afford to add several floors and sit on em. Plus with light rail coming. I'm sure the extra investment would be much less risky.

Well the difference is, this place is already 100% pre-leased. (according to previous pilot articles). So they could afford to add several floors and sit on em. Plus with light rail coming. I'm sure the extra investment would be much less risky.

It would sure be nice...

Especially if it broke 30..

It's nice to dream i guess..

30 stories would probably make it 375 feet

Archived