Hilton Norfolk at The Main

vdogg

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm happy to have it.

Off topic but I think that's Granby tower in the background at the 10 second mark. Man that would have been sweet (and tall).

Well, considering they just started working on the redesign a year ago, there is no reason for GT to be in that vid at all. This is a very recent vid. Makes me wonder if something else is on the boards that they haven't mentioned yet. :huh:

Well, considering they just started working on the redesign a year ago, there is no reason for GT to be in that vid at all. This is a very recent vid. Makes me wonder if something else is on the boards that they haven't mentioned yet. :huh:

I'm not sure I'd read too much into that. Sure, Granby Tower fell through years ago, but unless someone else is picking up the project and noone knows about it yet, I can't see anything happening on that spot. The building in the background looked just like an outline of the GT renderings. Pretty sure it was just placed there to give some big city flair to the hotel's renderings.

Then again, who knows. Buddy Gadams has been especially active of late. 

Wish tthey would have incorporated some space for a classy retain area. Maybe like a hallway or something along those lines.

Jimmy Johns aand that eater on main is about to make a killing, lol.

If LRT ran from the airport to MAC center, they would have something really popping there (looking at future growth).

• 2 weeks later...

So, the pile driver is gone. A lot of the heavy equipment seems to be working across the street. I'm guessing this is the utility relocation phase, or perhaps they found some artifacts. Anyone have any insight?

Not sure how you would fifteen from twenty-three. The rendering still shows 23 stories, but that seems like an odd mistake to make. 

How many levels of parking are there? It's possible that there are 23 stories in the building, but only 15 of those have hotel rooms.

How many levels of parking are there? It's possible that there are 23 stories in the building, but only 15 of those have hotel rooms.

I'm not sure, but that's a possibility. It's also possibly 15 stories of hotel space AND a conference center, accounting for the other 8. Or it could be a little of both.

I just really hope that they haven't scaled back the project.

I'm not sure, but that's a possibility. It's also possibly 15 stories of hotel space AND a conference center, accounting for the other 8. Or it could be a little of both.

I just really hope that they haven't scaled back the project.

Me too, downtown needs this project at its current scale.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Some pics and the design plans:  http://norfolkliveblog.com/?p=1265

Do you have any information on the construction schedule? I know things weren't really supposed to start kicking till August but they've really made very little progress and the equipment hasn't moved much from what I've seen. We're already mid month right now.

http://www.virginiabusiness.com/reports/article/the-main-will-look-to-local-and-convention-business-for-success

Norfolk’s newest luxury hotel and conference center, The Main, is counting on local business, the business traveler and conventions to make the $150 million project a success, the managing director of the project said Thursday.

In an address to about 170 members of the Hampton Roads Association of Commercial Real Estate, Kurt J. Krause said developers are “absolutely counting on the local market,” especially to patronize the three new restaurants in the conference center and Hilton Hotel project that will be built at the corner of Main and Granby Streets downtown. “We’re not trying to steal business from local restaurants. We’re trying to bring in more business,” Krause said.

Site work already is underway, and construction begins next month on the 22-story, 301-room project scheduled to open during the first quarter of 2017.  Krause said The Main has booked three conventions and expects to become a high-demand venue for weddings and meetings for state and federal associations.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived