Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

aboutmetro

Venue Mgt, Cinema Arts in Columbus

aboutmetro    5

Since Georgia has a new economic development project to increase the 'biz' side of showbiz, I would love to see a joint project with Carmike and CSU to develop a cinema arts program at CSU. Return the old Bradley to its former glory and it would make an ideal venue for such a thing. Couldn't you just imagine a Sundance style competition right here in the Valley?

And I don't know what schools in Georgia offer venue management as maybe a specialty within a business school. But that could be an offshoot niche for CSU as well.

aboutmetro    5

ATLANTA -- ATLANTA, May 14 /PRNewswire/ -- The Georgia Film, Video & Music Office today announced the results of a recent study on the economic impact of the commercial music industry in Georgia. Findings revealed that the music industry in the Peach State generates more than $385 million annually, creating approximately 3,500 jobs and generating more than $16 million in tax revenues.

"Georgia has long been associated with great music and musicians," said Glenn Cornell, commissioner of the Georgia Department of Industry, Trade & Tourism (GDITT). "Furthermore, Atlanta's ... "

More food for thought...

gah    0
Since Georgia has a new economic development project to increase the 'biz' side of showbiz, I would love to see a joint project with Carmike and CSU to develop a cinema arts program at CSU. Return the old Bradley to its former glory and it would make an ideal venue for such a thing. Couldn't you just imagine a Sundance style competition right here in the Valley?

And I don't know what schools in Georgia offer venue management as maybe a specialty within a business school. But that could be an offshoot niche for CSU as well.

aboutmetro    5
That certainly ties in with CSU's paramount role in the area of drama. Could have other ends of spectrum covered -- the stage AND screen. I like it -- if could get housed DT that would really help with the developing Bohemian/artsy feel of the DT area. Wilmington NC has become a mini-Hollywood for movie/TV productions. No reason why Columbus could not emulate them. The CoC sponsors a trip each year or so to other cities to look at what they are doing in terms of rehab/development. Maybe someone should suggest Wilmington as a possible location for a future factfinding locale.

aboutmetro    5

CSU's Presidential Search Committee has been named... See this USG Board of Regents announcment. I hope they get someone with some real vision to carry on and build on the institution's recent growth. There are so many directions the school could go. This topic outlined a really good one.