Grizzlies to Birmingham?

HSVTiger

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yep, as everyone is saying the team is not going anywhere anytime soon. I think it would be great if one day the conditions were right for Birmingham to land an NFL team, it would make for a great rivalry with Nashville; of course I'd love to see Memphis land an NFL team one day too. Neither is probably going to happen anytime in the forseeable future.

This is the biggest joke I have heard in a while. The Grizzlies to Birmingham this will never happen. One thing I'm glad this forum is aware of that apparently Rep. Rogers is not. When the Grizz moved here from Vancouver and we built the FedEx forum the contract called for them to be here at least 10 years before they could even entertain the thought of moving. Second FedEx, and Ford (parking garage) J.R. Pitt Hyde and the rest of the pursuit team have to much invested to let this happen. I believe the local ownership would buy Heisley out before the team would move. This is a more likely possibility than any relocation talk at this point. Keep in mind the grizz have all responsibility for the forum in terms of management, with the tigers playing there and all of the shows and concerts, they are making money right now. Some city's that have failed at their attempts to become a Major league city often have wishful thinking, this is certainly the case here. I would have to say to the one who posted this article first work on actually getting a venue built and then maybe,maybe your city will be able to compete on a Major League Level. The Grizz to leave the FedEx Forum to go to B. Ham :rofl: what a joke!

Archived