Downtown Master Plan 2007

Cadeho

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Got an extra bedroom, Cam? ;)

Sure, we have two open here... the AC died...(great timing I know), but it's room! And um... I'm still in the suburbs myself...

What I meant was, think urban with authentic old character.

Dirt is too cuuuunnnntrrrrrriiiiiiieeeeeeeee! Yeehaw!

Most of Metro Richmond's streets and roads are in terrible condition, and that includes the Interstates (64, 295 and other highways - ugh! and downtown streets -- double ugh!).

I remember red brick roadways; they were nice looking and as I recall not bumpy.

Most of Metro Richmond's streets and roads are in terrible condition, and that includes the Interstates (64, 295 and other highways - ugh! and downtown streets -- double ugh!).

I remember red brick roadways; they were nice looking and as I recall not bumpy.

Making the roads right would be expensive anyway we look at it. But if they were cobbled and bricked, then we should go back to that. It would be one of the defining characteristics of Richmond in that case.

• 4 weeks later...

Just received a postcard regarding the next meeting on the Downtown Master Plan... and it will be hosted by none other than our own Jon at the Renaissance Conference Center! Good stuff Jon! I definitely plan on participating again.

Thanks for the info, Coupe. And good going, Jon-O! Wish I could attend.

Just received a postcard regarding the next meeting on the Downtown Master Plan... and it will be hosted by none other than our own Jon at the Renaissance Conference Center! Good stuff Jon! I definitely plan on participating again.

Is this public, too? I'd love to go and catch up on what I missed.

First, who's Jon?

He's Jon Beattie -- who is a big honcho at Renaissance, the building on the corner of Adams and Broad and who posts here often.

Is this public, too? I'd love to go and catch up on what I missed.

I'm sure it's public Tommy. I hope you can go. Coupe and Cam will be there so you'll be in good company.

The whole process is public.

Look here for more info:

http://www.ci.richmond.va.us/departments/c...MasterPlan.aspx

That web site is great eventhough I've seen the information and pictures elsewhere. The "link", however doesn't work.

The plan to make Richmond pedestrian-friendly is laudable. But, unlike many downtowns Richmond is hilly enough to discourage walking from the river to Broad, or from The Bottom to VCU Medical. Did any discussion address that issue? I suppose free and frequent bus loops would be an answer. But some kind of unique people-mover on, say Tredegar, 7th, Byrd and 8th Streets connecting the canal to Broad could be an attraction.

Thanks Burt. I'll need to refresh my memory (I drove down Adams yesterday and didn't know)... is the place big enough?

Refresh MY memory, please.

Ah. Now I get it. In your nonsequitur way, you are referring to The Renaissance which I mentioned in a post miles above here.

Yes. Its ball room is gigantic. JonBeattie manages the place.

Did you know that the ground and basement levels of the building were once the home of Woodward & Lothrop's Richmond braanch of the famous D.C. Department Store?

Archived