Windsor Place retail center renovation

GSP Tiger

Anderson Independent-Mail: Windsor Place, a retail center on East Greenville Street, previously anchored by Winn Dixie, will undergo several significant cosmetic changes and renovation in coming months. The property recently changed owners.

The key to this site is what to do with the former Winn Dixie space. It is a great sized location to land a Fresh Market, a specialty grocer, that can easily thrive in an upscale district. The alternate choice would be a Big Lots, whose stores occupy former Winn Dixie locations.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is a great example of redux infill. I'd like to see the "fresh market" approach rather than a Big Lots. The area would be well suited for an upscale grocer and there aren't any in Anderson at this time. The neighborhood is both upscale and easily accessible both to downtown and lots of new development as you move down 81N.

Considering the contemporary look of the building and the mid to high income residents on that stretch of road maybe a day-spa would work well in there.... Some women on AIM mentioned they would like a day-spa at the old belk site (a waste if you ask me), but i think this would be a better market and the value of the land would be less and therefore less financial burden and expectations to succeed.

I too think a fresh market would be nice there, but are they even a chain store? I assumed they were a 1 store opperation because the only place ive seen one is Gvlle.

I would not like to see Anderson have a day spa on every corner like Greenville does. This is what Windsor Place and downtown should avoid.

The Fresh Market, based out of Greensboro, NC, is a chain store with locations in Columbia, Greenville, Hilton Head, and Spartanburg.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

I drove past Windsor Place Sunday. Much of the exterior facade has taken much shape and gives it more upscale appeal.

The main focus is the former Winn Dixie, whose sign has been removed. Their Deli-Bakery and The Beef People signages remain. I assume this space will be reserved to lure another grocer (e.g. The Fresh Market) into the space.

Archived