Omaha Pics

14 posts in this topic

These are all of DT Omaha

DTOmaha4.jpg

DTOmaha3.jpg

DTOmaha2.jpg

DTOmaha1.jpg

The tallest building you see is One First National Center at 633'

Hey thanks for posting those pics, I replied to them in the skyline battle vs. Memphis in the La. thread. Sorry I have no Omaha pics to share.

How do you like the design of the One First National Center?? As opposed to other landmark skyscrapers dominated by "spires" in cities like Charlotte, Atlanta, Cleveland, Mobile, etc. This building is 10-stories taller than RSA Tower in Mobile; yet over 100 feet shorter. The body of the building itself is more massive.

One First National Center is one of the best-looking new skyscrapers I have seen anywhere. Crazy to see it dwarf the Woodman Tower that dominated the Omaha skyline for so long!

Hey thanks for posting those pics, I replied to them in the skyline battle vs. Memphis in the La. thread. Sorry I have no Omaha pics to share.

How do you like the design of the One First National Center?? As opposed to other landmark skyscrapers dominated by "spires" in cities like Charlotte, Atlanta, Cleveland, Mobile, etc. This building is 10-stories taller than RSA Tower in Mobile; yet over 100 feet shorter. The body of the building itself is more massive.

One First National Center is one of the best-looking new skyscrapers I have seen anywhere. Crazy to see it dwarf the Woodman Tower that dominated the Omaha skyline for so long!

Another pic of the "backside" of DT :P

DTOmaha5.jpg

And this is the soon-coming mixed-use Midtown Crossing I'm loving so much:

MidtownCrossing2.jpg

^Nice view of the Omaha skyline I have never seen before :shades: One First National Center sure looks impressive from that street-level angle! I like the bricks in the median too.

Midtown Crossing looks like a massive development! Like the greenspace too. How far is this from downtown?

^Nice view of the Omaha skyline I have never seen before :shades: One First National Center sure looks impressive from that street-level angle! I like the bricks in the median too.

Midtown Crossing looks like a massive development! Like the greenspace too. How far is this from downtown?

Nice skyline shot! Is that body of water part of the Gene Lahey Mall?? connecting to the Mizzou River??

^And thanks for the aerial pic where Midtown Crossing will be located!

Edited by richyb83

Nice skyline shot! Is that body of water part of the Gene Lahey Mall?? connecting to the Mizzou River??

^And thanks for the aerial pic where Midtown Crossing will be located!

The Old Lincoln Highway, the first transatlantic road in the U.S., crosses Omaha/Douglas County. One portion, close to Elkhorn, is paved with brick. I've seen brick in DT streets before, but a rural highway is a first for me!

91807sqtrail1.jpg

Hey Tyler! Welcome to UP! Were have you been?? Just kiddin. Haven't seen Rardy in a couple of weeks; he's done a fantastic job getting the Nebraska(Omaha) thread up and running! This thread could use someone like you!

Nice website and interesting story! Cool radar and weather website too. Great photos! Minneapolis is one of my favorite skylines!! Awesome weather photos too!!! I'm a weather fanatic too!!! I started a La. Weather thread here on UP! We don't get as many Tornadoes but we get Hurricanes. I wouldn't say I chase them, but have been out in them! What a adrenaline rush, as I'm sure you have experienced with the twisters!

We don't get blizzards either; I'd like to be in at least one! Maybe a freak winter storm could develop in th northern Gulf w/ a rare blizzard here in south Louisiana!

Omaha looks like a city on the move! The skyline is growing! The pedesrtian bridge over the river looks as cool as I have ever seen! I have enjoyed viewing this thread!

Edited by richyb83

Hello Tyler... if you haven't found us already... I invite you to check out the Omaha Astronomical Society... http://www.omahaastro.com

I sort of forgot about this site until I found it via google again (couldn't remember what my login was!)

Here are a few photos to add to the pot...

pic9.jpg

pic12.jpg

pic3.jpg

Edited by eomaha