New Section Of I-485 Scheduled To Open

turlough

:D:D:D:D:D :ABOUT TIME :D:D:D:D:D:D:D

A new section of the Interstate 4-85 loop will open Wednesday. The section of road runs from Highway 49 to Albemarle Road. The 22.7 million dollar project was scheduled to open in July, but fell behind schedule. The North Carolina Department of Transportation plans to open a stretch from Albemarle Road to Lawyers Road in October. A stretch from Arrowood Road to Wilkinson Boulevard is scheduled to open later this year and Wilkinson Boulevard to Interstate-85 should be open by spring of 2004.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OOOOH MAN!! I took that sucker home today, it shaved a good 20 minutes off my drive time home (it wasn't open this morning on my way to work) and I expect it will save another 5 minutes or so when they open it up to Lawyers Rd. You said it best, it's "ABOUT TIME!"

Guest donaltopablo

OOOOH MAN!! I took that sucker home today, it shaved a good 20 minutes off my drive time home (it wasn't open this morning on my way to work) and I expect it will save another 5 minutes or so when they open it up to Lawyers Rd. You said it best, it's "ABOUT TIME!"

Damn suburbanite talking about how much time the trip saved you, LOL! Just kidding (I live in the burbs).

Although I think it was going to happen, no matter how much any of us don't like it or disagree. At least Charlotte has some sense for building mass transit and working on residential in the inner core. Never look the sprawl loving outer loops, but it's gonna happen.

Damn suburbanite talking about how much time the trip saved you, LOL! Just kidding (I live in the burbs).

LOL! I love the city, I'd live downtown if it weren't for the fact that I've got so much invested in my new house already and my family lives very close to me. I think it would be a little weird having lived in DT Chicago and then live in DT Charlotte. I enjoyed all of the museums, the lake front, plays, theaters, etc. in Chicago which DT Charlotte just doesn't have much of. I figure if I have to drive my car to get to places I might as well pay less and have a bigger house, ya know? It's was beneficial to me in Chicago not having a car because I worked DT, lived DT, did my shopping DT and they had mass transit to take me anywhere I wanted to go, even the suburbs in Indiana and Wisconsin, LOL!

Archived