Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

cpeakesqr

HR Bridges

3 posts in this topic

As everyone has probably heard, the MN bridge collapse is a huge tragedy. We certainly have a lot of bridges around here... Is anyone concerned over certain aging bridges in the area?

VA Pilot says, "Don't worry!"

As everyone has probably heard, the MN bridge collapse is a huge tragedy. We certainly have a lot of bridges around here... Is anyone concerned over certain aging bridges in the area?

VA Pilot says, "Don't worry!"

I feel that if you spend your life worrying about things like "Is the bridge safe to drive on" or "Is the Metro safe to ride" or "Can I go on a cruise without the boat sinking" your life will be miserable. The people "worried" are paranoid and while it doesn't hurt to be cautious, changing the way you live or how you do things because of it is not the right answer. Anyway, that's my take.

To be more related to the topic, the bridges are almost entirely safe with the few exceptions but those exceptions, at least in most cases, have more maintenance on them than the others. I am more concerned with getting into an accident because of tourists who don't know where they are going to be honest!