Downtown/Lakeview Publix

bhamsly

The article in the paper states that Publix normally have other retailers following them in search of a nearby location. What type of retailers should be with Publix in downtown and Lakeview?

-a big, nice bookstore/with a coffee shop--Borders or BAM!!! since B&N is already at UAB-(either location)

-an ice cream shop--Baskin Robbins, Coldstone, Maggie Moos, or Brusters(both locations)

-a store new to the city and state, and neccessary for the area--The Container Store(Lakeview)

-laser tag like Q-Zar(lol)--(either location)

-a donut shop-Krispy Kreme or Dunkin Donuts(either location)

-a nice cafe to go with the center--Doc's Greens(either location)

-Steak and Shake--(Lakeview)(lol)

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think the City Center could support an actual Barnes & Noble location at either location, but I think that B&N would probably consider Lakeview as it is very close to Forest Park, Highland Park, Southside, and Altamont neighborhoods.

As, I believe we could support a Cold Stone Creamery and Krispy Kreme locations in Lakeview. I think the Midtown location would need more residences along with Railroad Reservation Park before anybody other than Publix seriously looks at the area.

Now I still wondering what will come to the Pitzitz Building in the Theater District? :unsure:

There is a shortage of bookstores in the eastern part of Birmingham with the losses of Books-A-Million and Little Professor at Eastwood and Smith & Hardwick in Forest Park.

"Pleasure Books East" just doesn't provide the same retail experience.

There is a shortage of bookstores in the eastern part of Birmingham with the losses of Books-A-Million and Little Professor at Eastwood and Smith & Hardwick in Forest Park.

"Pleasure Books East" just doesn't provide the same retail experience.

That could very much be true, unless it is Office Depot...which I didn't see on the map. I thought Ruby Tuesday was supposed to open there as well? If Ruby Tuesday doesn't take that last available outlot, I hope Steak and Shake(which is looking to franchise in Birmingham) or Fazoli's would open there.

For a side note, Dunkin Donuts is ready to open stores in Birmingham...a lot of stores. Check it out

http://birmingham.bizjournals.com/birmingh.../06/story2.html

• 1 month later...

I can't believe that Publix isn't going to open neither one of these stores. I know that the possibility of opening 2 stores was a little far-fetched on their part, but not one of these stores are going to open. What else is out there? Perhaps Brunos could open it's 1st "urban" store in midtown, and Lakeview could get something along the lines of Trader Joe's.

http://www.al.com/business/birminghamnews/....xml&coll=2

Archived