Redevelopment of the Kimbrells Building

gs3

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I went to this event.

The space is very well done. They advertise 60 TVs and they were everywhere. Downstairs in the front is a large covered indoor-outdoor area. In nice weather the glass doors will be folded away for al fresca seating. The enclosed part of the first floor is divided by the bar with a Carolina motif on the left and Clemson motif on the right.

A pop-out sports mural covers the wall of the stairway to the top floor. The front top floor is one gathering area and the middle part of the 2nd floor is also divided long- ways by the bar. The Main Street trees are clearly visible from the glass wall/roof. This was an excellent idea to make this place stand apart from the competition. The DT location and lots of natural light give this place a big leg up over Buffalo Wild Wings and the other large sports bars.

My guest and I thought the food was excellent. The wings were really BIG.

Seeing what was done with this building, it is really amazing that it stayed vacant SO long. It has been vacant since before (well-before?) I moved here in 1996. With only a parking lot next door, this building has a lot of visibility (much more than say Sticky Fingers) and is right in the center of things.

I was thinking, with this place now completed, there are almost no unrenovated buildings on Main Street. There is the one next to the Army-Navy store, but that is about it, that I can think of.

NOW, if we can just get the vacant LOTS built upon.

Archived