GR Bar Scene

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hey your stepping on my toes here!!! j/k, but seriously I bartend; the major difference between NYC and GR is that bartenders in NYC make 50k plus (I have a friend in Miami that makes 80k a year in some podunk bar). In GR that simply is not the case.

Oh my god, I have found the promised land!!!

I leved on Heritage Hill for two years and often frequented Michigan Avenue spots like Duke's, the Birch, and Bob's, but for some reason NEVER wandered into Logan's Alley. Boy, what a mistake. This place has sooooooooo many great beers on tap (Dragons Milk!!) and a great patio to boot. Plus the staff is really nice.

Stopped in last Friday and would go back in a heartbeat. I love this place already.

I leved on Heritage Hill for two years and often frequented Michigan Avenue spots like Duke's, the Birch, and Bob's, but for some reason NEVER wandered into Logan's Alley. Boy, what a mistake. This place has sooooooooo many great beers on tap (Dragons Milk!!) and a great patio to boot. Plus the staff is really nice.

Stopped in last Friday and would go back in a heartbeat. I love this place already.

New Sports Bar opening up at the intersection of Plainfield & Beltline, roughly next to Family Fare market. I think the name said "The Score".

I'll file a report when there's something to report...

Expansion plans are in the works for the Silver Derby. If you haven't checked it out I suggest you do so in the next few months, who knows what the addition will do to the atmosphere...

I live on Dorroll Street east of Plainfield - - we have nowhere to walk to for drinks and a game or an evening out entertaining friends after a BBQ. My neighborhood really needs a neighborhood bar. The closest bars we have are the Creston corridor bars like the Sazerac and Quinn and Tuite's, which are great, but I hate walking all the way down there.

Can someone please open up a nice little dive in my neighborhood!!!!?

Anyone ever been up to Cygnus 27 in the Grand??? I am thinking of taking my wife up there and a few friends for her 30th bday - - is it hard to get into??? Any info would help.

Also, we should try to get together some night at Billy's/Logan's/The Hideout/Founder's/etc. and share some beer and stories. We'll call it the 1st annual UP Drinking Night.

Anyone ever been up to Cygnus 27 in the Grand??? I am thinking of taking my wife up there and a few friends for her 30th bday - - is it hard to get into??? Any info would help.

Also, we should try to get together some night at Billy's/Logan's/The Hideout/Founder's/etc. and share some beer and stories. We'll call it the 1st annual UP Drinking Night.

I live on Dorroll Street east of Plainfield - - we have nowhere to walk to for drinks and a game or an evening out entertaining friends after a BBQ. My neighborhood really needs a neighborhood bar. The closest bars we have are the Creston corridor bars like the Sazerac and Quinn and Tuite's, which are great, but I hate walking all the way down there.

Can someone please open up a nice little dive in my neighborhood!!!!?

Had a couple of beers at Schmohz Brewery off Patterson this weekend - If you haven't been there, they make great beer (esp. the ESB and Hopknocker IPA, the Pickled Tink is good too) and that's really all they do. Beer lovers only. No music, no big screen TV, no smoking (:)) , just good beer and free peanuts. Worth a stop if you are in the area, but its no Hideout.

Archived