Anybody watch Channel 3 tonight?

grock

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I posted that last night, the actual number is 7,620 under Perez and unemployment has doubled under his term also, from 4.4 to 8.8, the highest in the state. Luckily Channel 3 is paying attention, I only wish they were still here. The Courant seems more interested in reporting on murders than the real problems facing the city, and the other stations don't seem to have a clue. A lack of jobs translates to the sense of hopelessness that is present across many neighborhoods in the City. Channel 3 is also the only station that reported on Perez's self promotion at the taxpayers expense by sending out refigerator magnets with his picture on them and using a loophole in the law to do it. Kind of sad we can't supply schools with supplies and teachers are buying paper and pencils on their own, but we can put Perez's picture on 25,000 refrigerators across the City. It does help my diet though, I get nauseous every time I see him as I approach the refrigerator

Unfortunately, in our case, we can't get fill our "semi to unskilled" positions. Everyone we got recently either can't understand the concept of showing up for work or be in on time. And then there are those applicants who come in as if they are auditing for some gangster rap group. Sad.

Personally feel the jobs is a bigger issue than crime in the north end, which Hartford has had for years. 8 thousand jobs is a huge loss for the city. As for the Cheshire case, I think because the crime was so unusual it made news. When one person gets shot in the north end at 3 AM and doesn't want to cooperate with police it is hard to feel bad for them. When your friend is murdered in front of 4 people on Garden Street at 2:30 AM, and you and the other witnesses don't want to tell police who did it then why should people be outraged. I hate to say it but it in most cases victims of violence in the north end are seldom innocent bystanders.

The "Don't Snitch" culture is one of the worst things in poor African-American communities. It ensures that criminals can prey on innocent people without fear of good citizens cooperating with police. It's like victims declaring open season on themselves, very bizarre.

Personally feel the jobs is a bigger issue than crime in the north end, which Hartford has had for years. 8 thousand jobs is a huge loss for the city. As for the Cheshire case, I think because the crime was so unusual it made news. When one person gets shot in the north end at 3 AM and doesn't want to cooperate with police it is hard to feel bad for them. When your friend is murdered in front of 4 people on Garden Street at 2:30 AM, and you and the other witnesses don't want to tell police who did it then why should people be outraged. I hate to say it but it in most cases victims of violence in the north end are seldom innocent bystanders.

The problem with the don't snitch culture is the general disregard for human life in the inner city culture as well.

Take for example: Newark. 4 kids got gunned down execution style. Drugs? Nope. Some simple robbery leaves to three dead, a fourth in the hospital. Take everything they had, then kill them so they wouldn't talk to the police. There's the other problem, they probably won't get caught. Nobody's going to turn them in, and if anyone witnesses, the killer's buddies will make a house visit and more people get bodied.

Archived