New 26 story condotel for New Orleans

NCB

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Notice that the article states where buyers are expected to come from. I wonder how many are even under contract. At 26 floors, I wonder what the height will be. Will it be as tall as Harrah's Hotel? I'm not certain how many floors it has. Because hotel/residential floor spacing it smaller than office, office buildings really can't serve as comparisons.

Given the strong tourist market in New Orleans, I'm very surprised that condotels haven't been popping up like mushrooms before now. As for the architecture, the building doesn't appear to be blessed with many qualities which would make it a visual asset to the area. I trust that it is near the edge of the Quarter near Canal Street?

Given the strong tourist market in New Orleans, I'm very surprised that condotels haven't been popping up like mushrooms before now. As for the architecture, the building doesn't apear to be blessed with many qualities which would make it a visual asset to the area. I trust that it is near the edge of the Quarter near Canal Street?

:w00t: Great tower! I like the way the set backs give it a more vertical look ,but it needs a little something. Maybe a red tile roof like the B.R. Hilton or the color needs to be changed to a light shade of tan.

You're right though JPK a lot of times people try to recreate the historuic look and it ends up looking like crap. They should just build in the future.

I agree with both of you there. The worst thing is when a developer from somewhere like NYC or Miami comes into New Orleans and tries some feaux French Quarter architecture. We don't need that here, considering the REAL THING is in this city. Maybe it's just because I grew up in the Quarter, but when I go to other cities and see that fake French Quarter architecture, i.e. wrought iron balconies and galleries on buildings that are less than 5 years old, it's more annoying than anything. Come up with something new! Cities that are now known for progressive architecture like L.A., Chicago, NYC, and even Miami, got there by thinking outside of the box, and I with more cities would at least try to do the same.

Exactly! ! Thats what B.R. needs to do more of and LA in general. Of course a few big projects in B.R. are using a new style like Towne Center and Juban Crossing.There is a condo complex going up in B.R. that I really like called the Cresent at University Lake (because the buildings are cresent shaped) that to me is reminisent of South Florida architecture rather the that tired feaux French Quarter style that is prevalent. I would like to see developer's experiment with styles, it can't be any worse than some things already built , like an especially hiddeous strip center called "Orleans Plaza" in B.R. :sick: .

Srry for hijacking the thread, so to make my pot relevant I'll say: Is that 6 story buldg in front already there?

Archived