Muskegon Photo Thread

Eridony

Recently tSlater suggested making a photo thread to help this forum become more active. I think it's a great idea and I have a few pictures to post, but I encourage others to contribute since I only have a small collection. I'm looking at you Dan, I know you have a wonderful group of Muskegon pics on Flickr that haven't been posted on this forum! ;)

Here is one of the few pictures I have of Muskegon where a building isn't the subject:

980065370_971799efe3_o.jpg

This is a great looking hotel downtown, unfortunately it's rather disconected from the rest of downtown and the owners seem to want to keep it that way:

979965922_e301e4d4b8_o.jpg

The Amazon Apartments, this building was an eyesore for decades only within the last 6 years or so has it been polished into a gem:

980065346_1f8b3c9d65_o.jpg

Post 'em if you got 'em!

Edited by Eridony

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Recently tSlater suggested making a photo thread to help this forum become more active. I think it's a great idea and I have a few pictures to post, but I encourage others to contribute since I only have a small collection. I'm looking at you Dan, I know you have a wonderful group of Muskegon pics on Flickr that haven't been posted on this forum! ;)

Here is one of the few pictures I have of Muskegon where a building isn't the subject:

980065370_971799efe3_o.jpg

This is a great looking hotel downtown, unfortunately it's rather disconected from the rest of downtown and the owners seem to want to keep it that way:

979965922_e301e4d4b8_o.jpg

The Amazon Apartments, this building was an eyesore for decades only within the last 6 years or so has it been polished into a gem:

980065346_1f8b3c9d65_o.jpg

Post 'em if you got 'em!

Great pics! thanks for posting.

By the way, the Paynes (Shoreline Inn and Suites) were supposed to install sidewalks along Terrace Point Drive as part of their planed unit development. One of the many things they failed to do.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Well it looks like I'm alone in posting pictures here so I'll post one from a few months ago even though it's not the best shot.

This is another picture of Federal Square with the sculpture exposed and upright. In the background you can see the new Harley-Davidson and on the right side half of the new Central Fire Station

1985709614_ac679979e5_o.jpg

This scene will look much better when there are more buildings in the background and more cars parked on the street.

Edited by Eridony

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

What kind of pictures are you interested in seeing of Muskegon? Is there something special that you might like to see?

I like to see all types of Muskegon pictures. My favorites from you are the downtown aerial views that show progress on the mall site from a different angle then I'm used to. Also the interior shots you did of the Century Club renovation, because that also gave me a look at things I had never seen before and couldn't by myself.

If you're thinking aerials beyond downtown I wouldn't mind seeing the Glenside neighborhood, because I grew up there, but now that the trees are starting to grow leaves most of the neighborhood will be hidden.

Took some pics over lunch today. So many of them I'll just refer to the Flickr Set

Downtown Muskegon Flickr Set

Thanks Dan. The interior shots of the new apartments were my favorites since I've never see them before.

Here is a small sample of the pictures I took a few weeks ago.

2402869281_999ed7bde4_b.jpg

2398979986_9305a3c57d_b.jpg

In this one you can see the Great Lakes Pole Barn Museum in the background:

2396961264_ef8c49ec30_b.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...