New Yesterdog downtown

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Besides the Dog Pit there's also Ritz Coney downtown, which I've never been to. Yesterdog is good, but I'm not sure how many hot dog joints we need before the market is saturated.

BTW, anyone know what happened to Hot Java?

I agree, and while I'm a Yesterdog lover...I think it would be hard to recreate the experience of Yesterdog at an additional location.

In addition to Dog Pit and H. Ritz, if you're looking for a late night hot dog, there's always the hot dog carts (and sometimes walking tacos) scattered around Ionia and Monroe Center.

Do you mean Hava Java? They closed a few weeks ago, but I think something else is going in that space soon.

• 2 weeks later...

A great hot dog place and restaurant in general is Grand Coney on Eastern & Michigan. Based off of Coney Islands in Detroit, its open 24 hours which REALLY racks in TONS of business. Its one of the few 24 joints in grand rapids, i always stumble (i say that literally) at around 3 am to get some food and hang out.

The owner is doing SO well that he bought the adjacent Car part store, or atleast they left cause his TAKEOVER of the lot and then he bought the vacant building. Anyways i hear he is opening up a Pizza joint, rettangelo's or something in that same lot.

I give it 5 of 5 stars for a quaint, nothing fancy but cool, burger joint! :lol:

Archived