Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sunshine

Ave Maria, FL - A city for Christian

8 posts in this topic

Ave Maria, Florida, is a planned community currently under development in Collier County, near Immokalee and Naples. Local community and business leaders have partnered with the Ave Maria Foundation to create a new community that will have a new Roman Catholic university, Ave Maria University, at its core. The town is planned to have a population of 3,000 permanent residents and 5,000 students. The town and university are planned to open in 2007.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ave_Maria,_Florida

404949314_3868a13b67.jpg

404275243_84eae12b32.jpg

520799519_91ed574bb9_m.jpg

AVILA1.jpg

_2.jpg

071907_cu_oratory.jpg

072107_TownFest03.jpg

072107_TownFest01.jpg

96_071907_cu_sw.jpg

071907_cu_overview_e.jpg

Ave_Maria_La_Piazza_middle3_071507-600x450.jpg

http://www.avemaria.com/

There's something oddly like Celebration in the architecture. I honestly prefer the church to the little Whoville surrounding it. At any rate, I think there's nothing wrong with the idea, I just rather wish the buildings could have been more interesting.

Florida seems to have a fairly significant history of themed, planned developments (understatement). Anybody know what The Rotunda is like today... I never hear anything about it?

Not a big fan of EIFS architecture either. The church is beautiful though.

I'm not sure I like the architecture of the cathedral.... I like the idea, but I think it could be much, much more than what it is...

I honestly prefer the church to the little Whoville surrounding it.

That is a sweet looking cathedral. Nothing wrong w/ the rest of the town but it does look a little boring.