Pratt Street Questions?

grock

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No body is replacing Becker's. Minutemen Press wanted the space but Northland turned them down and instead gave them the smaller UConn space. Quizno on Main Street is suppose to re-open soon, the sushi place is still under construction.

understood, however the 'retail' portion of H21 has been vacant for a year and a half. Northland owned property on Pratt St becomes more vacant every month. Temple St apartments have filled up their retail in next to no time. Trumbull on the Park has had some trouble filling up it's retail, but at least has 2 occupants. All northland has done is drive out retail. yet people love them because they are going to bring hockey to hartford. well, maybe they should start with a bookstore....

I am not going to fault Northland for not attracting a book store or any retailer to H21. But why drove those on Pratt Street out? What is wrong with Becker's? It's not like we have a lot of jewelry stores in downtown. Becker's was a nice shop, and it was a huge plus for Hartford. It certainly added to the streetscape of Pratt Street. If Northland wanted Becker's out, fair enough, but what is the plan for the space? Just about half of my neighbors are Northland's tenants, all I can say is I am glad I am not one of them.

Archived