• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

But theirs things in here about Republic,Ozark and Nixa and their not in Springfield/Branson Area. At least it's in Southwestern MO the Ozarks.

Osage Beach is in the Springfield local TV Market that's why Charter has all the Springfield Local Stations and not all of Columbia/Jefferson City's.

Neosho is about 90 miles to the southwest down highway 60, it's not even close to being part of the Springfield/Branson area. That would be like calling Lebanon part of the Springfield/Branson Area when its nowheres close. And Neosho is farther away than Lebanon.

Ozark, Nixa, and Republic are like 5 miles from Springfield so their considered to be part of the Metropolitan area. In fact it's getting to the point where you can't tell where Springfield ends and Nixa, Ozark, or Republic begins.

Neosho is about 90 miles to the southwest down highway 60, it's not even close to being part of the Springfield/Branson area. That would be like calling Lebanon part of the Springfield/Branson Area when its nowheres close. And Neosho is farther away than Lebanon.

Ozark, Nixa, and Republic are like 5 miles from Springfield so their considered to be part of the Metropolitan area. In fact it's getting to the point where you can't tell where Springfield ends and Nixa, Ozark, or Republic begins.

APhantasm,

"That would be like calling Lebanon part of the Springfield/Branson Area"

Really? I didn't know that they felt that way. I thou that they were with Lake of the Ozarks with other cities... My friends live there, they travel to many cities around Lake of the Ozarks.

I live in Lebanon and it is too far to be considered part of the Springfield Metro. The Springfield Metro is defined as Greene, Christian, Polk, Dallas, and Webster counties. That would include the cities of Battlefield, Ozark, Nixa, Willard, Republic, and Strafford. I would think of these as suburbs because of their proximity to Springfield. Marshfield, Bolivar, and Buffalo are in the defined metro area, but would not exactly be suburbs, yet.

APhantasm,

Really? I didn't know that they felt that way. I thou that they were with Lake of the Ozarks with other cities... My friends live there, they travel to many cities around Lake of the Ozarks.

I live in Lebanon and it is too far to be considered part of the Springfield Metro. The Springfield Metro is defined as Greene, Christian, Polk, Dallas, and Webster counties. That would include the cities of Battlefield, Ozark, Nixa, Willard, Republic, and Strafford. I would think of these as suburbs because of their proximity to Springfield. Marshfield, Bolivar, and Buffalo are in the defined metro area, but would not exactly be suburbs, yet.

APhantasm,

Thats funny. People go to Lake of the Ozarks as much as they go to Springfield. I would not consider Lebanon part of Lake of the Ozarks were not even close. Nearest point is 30 miles a way at Camdenton. That would be like saying Aurora is part of Springfield Metropolitan area when its not. Just like Marshfield, Bolivar, and Buffalo aren't. Their distance is too great to make them actually part of the Springfield Metropolitan area. Lebanon like Marshfield is pretty much not in a Metropolitan area. Their more or less whistle stops on I-44. In fact Lebanon's claim to fame is Bennett Springs and Boat Factories.

VF Mall is a joke anymore. At one time people used to come from all around to shop there. Now they go to the Lake or Springfield to shop. Western Sizzlin is just a restaurant, an expensive one at that. I prefer going to Shoneys than Western Sizzlin. The Stave Mill is more of a tourist trap than the Walnut Bowl place next to B&D ever was. Lebanon is nothing more than a whistle stop on the way to either St. Louis, Springfield, or Lake of the Ozarks. It has no real tourist industry other than Bennett Springs. I should know I have lived in this stinking town for 25 years.

Thanks, I have been on here for a little while just seeing what people are talking about. Sorry that my first post was something like that. I am from Springfield, but in Rolla right now finishing my degree in Civil Engineering.

I know what ya mean. I too have hard times finding work here. In fact it is one reason I want out of this town. When I end up unemployed for whatever reason I end up having a hard time find a good paying job that will keep me on my feet. Which is one reason why I want to open my own store. If it flies it will mean no more having to worry about changing jobs ever again.

I know what ya mean. I too have hard times finding work here. In fact it is one reason I want out of this town. When I end up unemployed for whatever reason I end up having a hard time find a good paying job that will keep me on my feet. Which is one reason why I want to open my own store. If it flies it will mean no more having to worry about changing jobs ever again.

Archived