Tequila Bar to West End

gs3

A couple of guys that moved here from Phoenix are looking at areas around West End and Downtown for Greenville's first (and I think South Carolina's first) Tequila bar. They plan to serve over 150 kinds of Tequila. Obviously being in SC it will have to serve food.....I hear it will be Mexican fusion tapas. With the growth of sales of Tequila (I think it's growth in annual sales is second only to Vodka), this sounds like a winner. :thumbsup: Don't have any additional info. Sounds like a Spring/Summer 2008 opening. Hope it all works out. Be on the lookout.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That sounds great! It's nice that we're getting more of these night entertainment spots popping up! I hope they find a space that's unique and hip. It'd also be nice if it's off the beaten path a bit, maybe like Oysters on the West End's location? Though they'd have to try a little harder to get their idea and name out there. I wish them luck and thank them for investing in our downtown! :)

Since they will be serving food, I think it should get approval. Wouldn't be any different than Barley's or Liberty.....both are basically bars that also serve food. Who knows. :dontknow: The Grape thing was odd.....I never totally understood the whole issue.

And while we are on the subject, why can't SC just have bars.....why do they have to serve food?

I'm glad we've got Michelin going in that location though across from Falls Park. Not that it necessarily excuses the actions, whatever they were, that lost the Grape.

Are there any spaces currently available in the West End. I'm trying to think of spaces, but most of them are now taken by places like American Grocery, Rio Grille, etc... Maybe Jon Franks or whatever that places is? I was just wondering if an existing space would be readily available or if we'd possibly see new construction for such a place... I'd love for someone to build on the Falls Place parking lot. It's not big, but it might entice people to venture up Camperdown Way.

Archived