flotown

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I heard about it this morning. As a diehard Braves fan, I must say I'm not too pleased--if only because of all the steroid use stuff. It should be 756*, as TONYCLT pointed out.

Anyways, even as a huge Braves fan, there are plenty of people I wouldn't mind breaking the record because I know they've been "clean" as far as we know. A-Rod is the best example I can think of right now.

This is the most tainted record in MLB history now. Even more tainted imo than his 73 hr season. As far as I'm concerned, Roger Maris still holds the record for most HRs in a season "61 in 1961" and Hank Aaron holds the all time HR record. And no, I don't need to know if Bonds tested positive or not for it, you can just tell by looking at him compared to what he used to look like. In one year, he ballooned to the big man he now is, and all of sudden went from his best season w/ like 47 HRs to 73. I don't think so. Selig allowed this b.s. and now the 2 most celebrated records in sports are tainted, at least until someone clean like A-Rod or maybe A-Pujols breaks them. I can't believe I'm now saying this since I can't stand the Yankees, but go A-Rod, get yourself onto a major tear and get this thing broken asap.

It doesn't help that Bonds has to be so jerky about it either. If he really didn't take anything, then how would explain his big numbers, big muscles, and big noggin?

Someone breaking 755 should have been one of the greatest moments in baseball history, and he wrecked it. I think the official home run king should now be that japanese guy who hit like a million. I think his last name is /was "Oh".

I don't think many people are gonna look at this "record" as a record. They'll always look at Hank Aaron and say he set the record. I don't think Bonds deserves it, but, he got it. Whether he was helped by something or not. I think what Bonds did was set a different record.

Like TONYCLT said: 756*

Archived