Proposal: 708 S. Main

btoy

1 hour ago, FUgrad02 said:

Like the height. Cool with the design, and like the ground level action; plus, I'm all for any building that will hide the ugly Link building . 

Agreed! Happy to have the ground level activation to fill in remaining gaps in the street wall. Hiding the Link building is certainly a plus! It will be very interesting to see how quickly they can sell units at these price points. I think the small new condo building at Riverplace would be an interesting comparison-- how is that building's sales going?

I like the continuity of midrises extending from Riverplace to Main/River. Hopefully we'll see further midrise densification on the Riverwalk surface parking and the open parcel at Rhett/River next to 121 Rhett. 

8 hours ago, sc smitty said:

I don't see too much difference in the look between this and the Link building.  Both are  just the same trendy design with stacks of boring boxes that are ugly and out of scale with the historic district.  I had been hoping this version of the project was dead.

I sympathize and would rather have seen something more along the lines of the university ridge condo building, but at least this modern box isn't a simple cube. It does have some extra designs and elements that make it more interesting than many of the others. I give it a 5 out of 10 (the univ ridge would probably be an 8-9, with McBee Station being a 0).

Pinnacle on Main was a LONG time ago,  It was priced higher than anything in the city and wasn't even on the river.  The market has since been proven for that product and price level.  I would imagine they only have to presell 6 units.  There isn't much competition either.  

They need to get a website up though.   

I would be more surprised if it didn't go through. If a recession hits though, all bets would be off. 

1 hour ago, vicupstate said:

Pinnacle on Main was a LONG time ago,  It was priced higher than anything in the city and wasn't even on the river.  The market has since been proven for that product and price level.  I would imagine they only have to presell 6 units.  There isn't much competition either.  

They need to get a website up though.   

I would be more surprised if it didn't go through. If a recession hits though, all bets would be off. 

They have a website: https://www.theavantgreenville.com/

Also, noticed that one of the digital billboards along the Church Street bridge is for this project. 

• 5 months later...
On 5/6/2018 at 12:25 PM, gman430 said:

This project appears to be dead. 

Were you saying this because the sign was removed from the property? They were using this property for Artisphere and had a tent set up on site. Maybe the sign will go back up?:dontknow:

8 hours ago, SVL said:

Were you saying this because the sign was removed from the property? They were using this property for Artisphere and had a tent set up on site. Maybe the sign will go back up?:dontknow:

Yes. Ahhh...that makes sense. Hope it goes back up this week. 

• 5 months later...
3 minutes ago, vicupstate said:

I saw bobcats and stuff on the site just in the last week.  They do keep a very low profile on the marketing side. 

Unfortunately, that's for the renovation project for the building next to the Army Navy Store. Staging site basically. Because of that and the past history with this site I don't see anything happening anytime soon if ever. 

Edited by gman430

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...