btoy

Proposal: 708 S. Main

1 hour ago, FUgrad02 said:

Like the height. Cool with the design, and like the ground level action; plus, I'm all for any building that will hide the ugly Link building . 

Agreed! Happy to have the ground level activation to fill in remaining gaps in the street wall. Hiding the Link building is certainly a plus! It will be very interesting to see how quickly they can sell units at these price points. I think the small new condo building at Riverplace would be an interesting comparison-- how is that building's sales going?

I like the continuity of midrises extending from Riverplace to Main/River. Hopefully we'll see further midrise densification on the Riverwalk surface parking and the open parcel at Rhett/River next to 121 Rhett. 

56 minutes ago, transplant08 said:

Will it be stick built, or steel/concrete?

I doubt it would be stick.

1 minute ago, vicupstate said:

The Riverplace condo building has 7 or 8 of their 8 units under contract.

Sent from my LGLS676 using Tapatalk

Wow- I'm impressed. Those were expensive.

8 hours ago, sc smitty said:

I don't see too much difference in the look between this and the Link building.  Both are  just the same trendy design with stacks of boring boxes that are ugly and out of scale with the historic district.  I had been hoping this version of the project was dead.

I sympathize and would rather have seen something more along the lines of the university ridge condo building, but at least this modern box isn't a simple cube. It does have some extra designs and elements that make it more interesting than many of the others. I give it a 5 out of 10 (the univ ridge would probably be an 8-9, with McBee Station being a 0).

What are the chances this will ever get built? 50-50? After the Pinnacle on Main and other projects I guess I am just skeptical when companies announce big projects and then announce "groundbreaking" way in the future-6 months plus..

Pinnacle on Main was a LONG time ago,  It was priced higher than anything in the city and wasn't even on the river.  The market has since been proven for that product and price level.  I would imagine they only have to presell 6 units.  There isn't much competition either.  

They need to get a website up though.   

I would be more surprised if it didn't go through. If a recession hits though, all bets would be off. 

1 hour ago, vicupstate said:

Pinnacle on Main was a LONG time ago,  It was priced higher than anything in the city and wasn't even on the river.  The market has since been proven for that product and price level.  I would imagine they only have to presell 6 units.  There isn't much competition either.  

They need to get a website up though.   

I would be more surprised if it didn't go through. If a recession hits though, all bets would be off. 

They have a website: https://www.theavantgreenville.com/

Also, noticed that one of the digital billboards along the Church Street bridge is for this project.