Proposal: 708 S. Main

btoy

• 2 weeks later...

• 1 month later...

I guess they just decided to put half a construction fence up and that was it.  Lol. The years from now, the site will look the same as it has for the last ten I am willing to bet. Reminds me of another certain site downtown. :whistling: 

Edited by gman430

1 hour ago, gman430 said:

I guess they just decided to put half a construction fence up and that was it.  Lol. The years from now, the site will look the same as it has for the last ten I am willing to bet. Reminds me of another certain site downtown. :whistling: 

How many units have presold on this?  I think I remember 3 (or not enough to typically start building).  Maybe the fence was a publicity stunt to try to get a few more units presold. 

22 minutes ago, gvegascple said:

How many units have presold on this?  I think I remember 3 (or not enough to typically start building).  Maybe the fence was a publicity stunt to try to get a few more units presold. 

Three units are presold still according to realtor.com. If they don’t start construction soon, those three buyers will back out and go elsewhere causing even further delays.

Edited by gman430

There was a City Council resolution this month to approve air rights encroachment for this development. Without approval of items like this, they can't move forward with construction. Step by step, it seems like they're getting there... 

https://www.greenvillesc.gov/AgendaCenter/ViewFile/Item/7811?fileID=36414

This Resolution authorizes Avant Greenville, LLC to allow balconies to encroach upon the City's sidewalks at its property located at 702 South Main Street.

• 2 months later...

Still no movement on site. Sad. It’s just sad. Reminds me of the Gateway site. Should put a graveyard on site with tombstones or all of the failed or half-ass projects downtown like the Peacock and Pinnacle sites. I’ll bring the flowers. :D 

Edited by gman430
  • Haha 1